DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noob Emulator Question

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid...cmon now

Noob Emulator Question

Hey what's going on everybody?
    So i'm waiting in the mail for my Droid, and I can't wait, i've heard nothing but fantastic things about it so I'm excited. I had a question about emulators though: So I have emulators (N64 and Gameboy) on my desktop to play games likes tetris, super mario, mega man, etc, however that was a while ago, and forgot how to do that. So I was wondering if somebody could just tell me how to add them to the phone, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch, and Happy Holidays!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    yup, easy i have some on mine. you first have to download the emulators from the market and they are free. I have nesoid lite (nes) and snesoid lite (snes). then you have to find roms on the web (doperoms.com works great for me) and save them to your SD card via a usb cable hooking your droid to your computer. Just create a folder called games or whatever you want and out the games in there. Then when you open the app on your phone it will give you a blank screen that says no ROM loaded pres Menu for more options. hit menu, then open then you can access your sd card and the games will be in the folder you created! pretty easy. I have excitebike, punch out, ninja gaiden, tecmo bowl and of course super mario bros. it's fun you can set up the buttons however you want and use an on screen virtual d-pad or buttons for directions.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid...cmon now
    thats awesome thanks alot man! i appreciate it! yea i want to get some of the old games like double dragon, street fighter, and even pokemon, haha just stuff to have while i kill time waiting for class
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    verizon motorola droid
    Hows it going now for all that stuff....the only way to download is with a home compute. No way to download games to ur phone without a pc
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosg219 View Post
    Hows it going now for all that stuff....the only way to download is with a home compute. No way to download games to ur phone without a pc
    if you're slick, you can dl games (ROMs) straight to your phone. you need a file manager and an unzipper. i haven't tried, but i believe the phone is capable of this (without root).

btw, it's very easy to dl on your pc, then "Drag &drop" onto your phone...
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    verizon motorola droid
    How do u get or work with a file manager or a unzip or what ever it was.:.man im so ready to take this phone back and get the iphone..i dont know what to do:.....
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    not sure what your issue with dl'ing ROMs on your pc and transferring to your phone? what does it have to do with an iphone?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    verizon motorola droid
    No i got nothing against dl. Roms is that im never home and im moving out from my daughters mother house and i dont have a pc. There....about the iphone is that im still in the 30day trial period with droid and its been a little iffy..wondering whether i should stay or go with new iphone...any thoughts...remind u im coming from the world of boost mobile(shirps) walkie talkie
  9. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Give Astro file manager a try.

---------
    ASTRO File Manager Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

ASTRO File Manager Android File Manager. Features: Download any file with browser, Browse, create, extract zip files, Back up and restore public applications to the SD card, Create shortcuts, Send files as attachments, Thumbnails, Multiselect, Search, Image, Text, HTML Viewers.
    Price: Free

----
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    You dont need a computer at all. Go to the market and download astro file manager and download crutch. With those two apps u will be able to go to sites on ur phone such as theoldcomputer.com and click on the rom and it will download right to ur phone. Then just use astro to unzip and ur all set. Hope this helps cause the phone is awsome.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links