DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: New Gameloft 3D Games!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Im running froyo latest release. Have tried new bugless beast v.1 as well as all other froyo builds including onix and plane jane. Same problem occurs as when I posted this weekend. Someone mentioned the dload was corrupted and I am tending to agree with this. Have installed over 100 times in diff roms etc. Tried as first app. Same thing, installs fine, downloads to sd, then launch to black screen and crash out.

If someone has the data file on the sd card of a working version I may be able to fix it. Have looked around everywhere and cant find it. As many of you know there are many many places to look on the web that other people do not know about.

Since I have bought the game twice and already bought their other games, yes all of them, they all work great except this one. I am also running at 1 ghz for all of them and runs fine running latest froyo p3 kernel 125-1200.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by phylum sinter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post
    Whats wrong with dungeon hunter? runs fine on my moto droid? OC it to at least 800mhz and it runs great, even better on 2.2.

I'll give sparta a test for ya.
    Thanks for that SpykeZ - let me know how it goes. It's not unplayable overall but during higher poly scenes it drops to probably 10fps, which kinda kills the excitement.

froyo + oc'd to 800mhz on the droid (it's what I have standard) and installed the game and it runs smooth as butter. It's actually pretty damn good.....im VERY surprised how good it looks.
    Android does where iPhone doesn't. Droid can where Backflip shouldn't
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Man wish you could put those data files off the sd card somewhere, anywhere? You could just compress that folder off the sdcard:\gameloft\dungeonhunter\ ---I heard this game is awesome. I love Diablo and wanted this so bad I bought it twice. Just emailing back and forth with gameloft. They need to fix the download. Just try it themselves and they should see it doesnt work.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

NOVA controls

I have a question for those who have downloaded and played NOVA on Android. In the options, can you inverse the y axis for the look control?

I tried the free demo on an iphone but unfortunately there was no inverse y axis option, so it feels very unnatural to me.

BTW I have already bought Let's Golf and really like it. However, I am reluctant to buy NOVA since there is no return policy (like on the Market) and the lack of an inverse y option is probably a deal killer for me.

Thanks in advance!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstrodka View Post
    I have a question for those who have downloaded and played NOVA on Android. In the options, can you inverse the y axis for the look control?

I tried the free demo on an iphone but unfortunately there was no inverse y axis option, so it feels very unnatural to me.

BTW I have already bought Let's Golf and really like it. However, I am reluctant to buy NOVA since there is no return policy (like on the Market) and the lack of an inverse y option is probably a deal killer for me.

Thanks in advance!
    If by inverse y you mean inverted look then no i do not believe you can do that, but if you are left handed you can change the side of the phone that you shoot on i believe.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I purchased Dungeon Hunter before reading the issues people were having on here; same issue for me. Downloaded fine, goes to a black screen and crashes upon startup. Stock Moto Droid 2.1.

I emailed Gameloft's customer service and received back a timely reply, but it seemed to be an automated reply. This was a couple of days ago, and now nothing (I replied to their email). I'll post with how it turns out, but so far I'm unimpressed with their level of service. I'm not against them making their own store outside of the Android Marketplace, but I would hope they'd better serve their customers (like taking down the option to purchase a game that they must know isn't downloading correctly by now).
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    I purchased Dungeon Hunter before reading the issues people were having on here; same issue for me. Downloaded fine, goes to a black screen and crashes upon startup. Stock Moto Droid 2.1.

I emailed Gameloft's customer service and received back a timely reply, but it seemed to be an automated reply. This was a couple of days ago, and now nothing (I replied to their email). I'll post with how it turns out, but so far I'm unimpressed with their level of service. I'm not against them making their own store outside of the Android Marketplace, but I would hope they'd better serve their customers (like taking down the option to purchase a game that they must know isn't downloading correctly by now).
    Root and overclock your phone up to at least 800 mhz. Be the best move you can make IMHO. + you'll probably enjoy your phone even more.. some nice tweaks out there and pretty simple to root the droid as well
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post

Root and overclock your phone up to at least 800 mhz. Be the best move you can make IMHO. + you'll probably enjoy your phone even more.. some nice tweaks out there and pretty simple to root the droid as well
    I am in the same situation where Dungeon Hunter does not work. Why should we have to modify our droids to compensate for Gameloft's poor quality software? In any case, I do not know how to root and overclock my droid, nor do I know the risks of damaging my phone.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    I am in the same situation where Dungeon Hunter does not work. Why should we have to modify our droids to compensate for Gameloft's poor quality software? In any case, I do not know how to root and overclock my droid, nor do I know the risks of damaging my phone.

Dungeon Hunter runs fine on my Milestone without root or OC ... the current problem that the game crashes can be fixed with old data files.. just ask a friend (or Google) for the old working data files and your game will run.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have purchased a few Gameloft games and have been one of the lucky ones that do not have issues. However I will not be purchasing anything further from gameloft until they

A. Get their products on the actual market, not their own private market. Android is just now cleaning up the fragmentation issues from expanding too fast and has set rules and comfortable return policy's that everyone benefits from. Also gets their product x10 more exposure.

B. Start fixing the bugs that have been reported, if this was the iphone platform these problems would have been fixed overnight. Not taking android seriously is a huge fail and extremely shortsighted by Gameloft. This is not some 2nd rate platform, its a platform that has been out for less then 2 years with a great deal of market penetration.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Links