DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameloft 3D Games!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I wonder what the issue is with them not releasing these games on the market. I want to get some of these games, but it makes me leery that they are selling strait form the site and not from the market. I mean if fees and such were the issue, then why publish on the iphone? I can't imagine that iphones fees are lower.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    To be quite frank.. after my fiasco with Gameloft when i purchased "Real Football 2010", I found it easier to just DL the game from a 3rd party source *cough*. When they refused to refund me my money after they failed to provide me with a download link, THEN being treated rude by three of their CS reps I really don't care. I had to contact my bank and get a hold payment, then report it as fraud for "not receiving goods and/or services". I for one will always "pirate" their games, its just plain easier than dealing with them.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by marmst View Post
    To be quite frank.. after my fiasco with Gameloft when i purchased "Real Football 2010", I found it easier to just DL the game from a 3rd party source *cough*. When they refused to refund me my money after they failed to provide me with a download link, THEN being treated rude by three of their CS reps I really don't care. I had to contact my bank and get a hold payment, then report it as fraud for "not receiving goods and/or services". I for one will always "pirate" their games, its just plain easier than dealing with them.
    Gameloft might be incompetent when it comes to porting their games to Android, but that doesn't give you the green light to pirate their games for free. You contacted your bank and got your money back right? Why should you be entitled to their (albeit shoddy) work for free?

As for them not selling on the Market, I've stated my theory on this before. They know most of their games are unoptimized and a lot of people (forget the numb nuts that buy it for their 1st gen devices) are just going to return it after buying from the market.

Com2US makes amazing games for both iPhone and Android, so does Camel Games and Hyperdevbox. None of these guys are as big as Gameloft.

Mustang, I don't know your definition of smooth, but I'd sure like to see your videos . There should be no difference in performance between the Milestone and Droid. My running CyanogenMod shouldn't make a difference either.

Sorry if that came out as a whinefest, I'm just a little pissed after spending money on 4 of their games.
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    will make the video tomorrow. but for me its definately smoother than 15-20 fps. i think its like 25 fps on most games except sparta. actually im in a interciew chat with dvide arts ceo parrott. so i have no time. and i agree. in both. gameloft is just melking the poor people as beta testers. but that dont allow someone to support piracy in my opinion.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT500 View Post
    will make the video tomorrow. but for me its definately smoother than 15-20 fps. i think its like 25 fps on most games except sparta. actually im in a interciew chat with dvide arts ceo parrott. so i have no time. and i agree. in both. gameloft is just melking the poor people as beta testers. but that dont allow someone to support piracy in my opinion.

no but them not giving people no refund for a non working system gave me a reason for pirating one of their game to test if it works on my phone before i bought it. If they treat me like a beta tester, then ill play a beta game for free for testing a bug until they fix it then ill buy it.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nphil View Post
    Gameloft might be incompetent when it comes to porting their games to Android, but that doesn't give you the green light to pirate their games for free. You contacted your bank and got your money back right? Why should you be entitled to their (albeit shoddy) work for free?

As for them not selling on the Market, I've stated my theory on this before. They know most of their games are unoptimized and a lot of people (forget the numb nuts that buy it for their 1st gen devices) are just going to return it after buying from the market.

Com2US makes amazing games for both iPhone and Android, so does Camel Games and Hyperdevbox. None of these guys are as big as Gameloft.

Mustang, I don't know your definition of smooth, but I'd sure like to see your videos . There should be no difference in performance between the Milestone and Droid. My running CyanogenMod shouldn't make a difference either.

Sorry if that came out as a whinefest, I'm just a little pissed after spending money on 4 of their games.

Actually after updating cyanogenmod 5.0.7 that alot of the games i bought actually work like NOVA Gangstar and Assassin creed.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    to be quite frank.. After my fiasco with gameloft when i purchased "real football 2010", i found it easier to just dl the game from a 3rd party source *cough*. When they refused to refund me my money after they failed to provide me with a download link, then being treated rude by three of their cs reps i really don't care. I had to contact my bank and get a hold payment, then report it as fraud for "not receiving goods and/or services". I for one will always "pirate" their games, its just plain easier than dealing with them.
    +1

Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by diordna View Post
    to be quite frank.. After my fiasco with gameloft when i purchased "real football 2010", i found it easier to just dl the game from a 3rd party source *cough*. When they refused to refund me my money after they failed to provide me with a download link, then being treated rude by three of their cs reps i really don't care. I had to contact my bank and get a hold payment, then report it as fraud for "not receiving goods and/or services". I for one will always "pirate" their games, its just plain easier than dealing with them.
    +1

-1 .
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    +3

Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I downloaded Dungeon Hunter and it works just fine, however all of the sounds show up in my music player now. Is there a way to make that not happen?

Thanks
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Links