Hey guys, this is my first post here so I thought I should make it something helpful. I apologize if this has already been done before as I'm sure it has but here is my solution to playing "Pokemon" or any other GBA game on your droid!
Disclaimer: I am not the developer or have any relations to either the makers of GameBoid and any of the games within the "GameBoid Roms" Pack. I am merely helping the general public with a quick tutorial and all credit goes to them.
For this guide I have uploaded a simple starter pack that corresponds to my tutorial. I have tried to make everything as simplistic and as easy as possible to help even the most inexperienced Droid users to get things running.
(If you do not wish to use my starter pack, you can find the files you need online by simply searching for their direct file name on Google.)
1. You need the "GameBoid" GBA Emulator application in order to play GBA games on your droid, you can do so by either searching for GameBoid on the marketplace or simply scan this barcode with your phone.
(This is the Paid Version, for Lite search on Market)
2. If you have not yet downloaded the starter pack do so now and unzip/extract the .zip to your computer (if you don't wish to simply search "gba_bios.bin" in google)
3. Connect your Droid (or other android phone) into your computer via USB and mount your Droid. (to mount your droid simply connect your phone and computer via usb and select the Turn on USB Storage via the drop-down notification bar)
4. *Make a Folder within your droid and name it "GBoidRoms" (this step is optional and is mainly for organization and neatness, you may skip this step if you desire)
5. Copy/Extract the files enclosed within the "GameBoid Roms" that you have downloaded from me into the folder on your phone ("GBoidRoms").
6. Turn off USB Storage
7. Open up the "GameBoid" application on your phone.
8. Upon opening, it will tell you that you need to locate the Bios File:
- Click Menu
- Select Settings
- Select "GBA Bios File" and locate the file called "gba_bios.bin" (this will be within the "GBoidRoms" folder if you followed step 4)
9. After activating the BIOS file you are free to play any GBA game you desire! To do so simply select the game file you wish to play!
How do I find more games?
Emulated games are called ROM files, and to find them you can use your friendly search engine google to do your dirty work! Simply type in the name of the game followed by ROM.
After you installed them onto your computer, drag the ".gba" file into your GBoidRoms folder on your droid and you can access them on the application from there!
Are ROMs / Emulated Games Legal?
To find a full explanation of the legality of ROMs you can visit this page.
I hope this was helpful and if you have any questions feel free to ask them on here and I will get back to you when I can =)