DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 891

Thread: PSX4Droid => General Discussion

  1. Junior Droid
    okuden's Avatar
    Member #
    66376
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    if you can get thousand arms to work i will love you forever that was the first game i downloaded when i got the emu.
  2. Droid
    ibebyi's Avatar
    Member #
    94723
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    47
    Phone
    Moto DROID, Samsung Fascinate
    just as an update, star ocean 2 does have some freezing issues, such as when you first get precis and try to leave town, psx4droid will send you back to the screen where you choose the file to play.
  3. Droid
    kevenz's Avatar
    Member #
    94739
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    motorola milestone
    Quote Originally Posted by trev186 View Post
    Also a Milestone over clocked to 1 Ghz is not the same as a Nexus One running a 1 Ghz snapdragon processor.
    I believe so...... but nexus doesn't have a physical keyboard so I think it's worthless.... can't see myself playing psx games on a touchscreen.
  4. Droid
    trev186's Avatar
    Member #
    112573
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    41
    Phone
    Nexus one
    Quote Originally Posted by kevenz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trev186 View Post
    Also a Milestone over clocked to 1 Ghz is not the same as a Nexus One running a 1 Ghz snapdragon processor.
    I believe so...... but nexus doesn't have a physical keyboard so I think it's worthless.... can't see myself playing psx games on a touchscreen.
    Dont knock it before you try it. I beat Resident Evil 2 fast enough on my phone to earn the highest rank and get all the secret items for beating the game in under 1.5 hours in both the A and B missions.

    I would say it most games are very doable on a touch screen only phone. I occasionally map one or two buttons to the trackball or the search key and it works great.

    There are also more powerful phone that do have keyboards which can play the emulator better than your milestone
  5. Droid
    trev186's Avatar
    Member #
    112573
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    41
    Phone
    Nexus one
    Quote Originally Posted by ibebyi View Post
    just as an update, star ocean 2 does have some freezing issues, such as when you first get precis and try to leave town, psx4droid will send you back to the screen where you choose the file to play.
    Would you mind trying to load from a memory card save nearest that spot and then try and proceed? If you still get the same error send me a save state of your game (preferably one where I still have control over the character).

    I will see if I can figure out what the issue is related to and send a detailed error report to the dev so he can try and debug it in future updates.

    In the meanwhile have you tried by passing this part of the game on a PC PSX emulator ?
  6. Droid
    trev186's Avatar
    Member #
    112573
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    41
    Phone
    Nexus one
    Quote Originally Posted by okuden View Post
    if you can get thousand arms to work i will love you forever that was the first game i downloaded when i got the emu.
    I am working on it. I am not really the greatest at ripping PSX roms. Also thousand Arms is kinda weird since half the game loads just fine it is just missing some features including sound. I am wondering if it is also a CDDA issue. I am going to run it through a program which will tell me the errors the game reads at that part of the game when booting it without CDDA to see if that is the issue.

    If it is CDDA then at least be relieved that the Dev is planning to support it in the near future
  7. Senior Droid
    cruckus's Avatar
    Member #
    114009
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    droid x with everything on it
    Have you tried the wiimote with it? Definitely beast plus real hdmi ports it to your flat screen!? Super beast!
  8. Junior Droid
    okuden's Avatar
    Member #
    66376
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by trev186 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by okuden View Post
    if you can get thousand arms to work i will love you forever that was the first game i downloaded when i got the emu.
    I am working on it. I am not really the greatest at ripping PSX roms. Also thousand Arms is kinda weird since half the game loads just fine it is just missing some features including sound. I am wondering if it is also a CDDA issue. I am going to run it through a program which will tell me the errors the game reads at that part of the game when booting it without CDDA to see if that is the issue.

    If it is CDDA then at least be relieved that the Dev is planning to support it in the near future
    the rom i have shows no title screen and just shows him walking down a glitched road. if you have a better rom would kill for a link
  9. Droid Newbie
    zodttd's Avatar
    Member #
    74417
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S)
    Hi everyone! Holy sheeze! 79 pages on this topic alone!

    I released v1.61.
    Changelog: TwitLonger: psx4droid v1.6 released. Changelog: - Put sound on it's own thread. Smoother sound playback. Especia
    Guide/FAQ by Therev29 (thanks!): TwitLonger: For psx4droid newcomers, I have a treat for you. Therev29 wrote up a very complete #psx4droid guide!

    v1.6 was released moments before v1.61. I had to fix a memory card file path issue real quick.

    Right now I'm working on some sound issues that I still need to squash. Sometimes sound plays too fast or too slow, and can depend on the speed of the device and it's firmware's audio buffer size.

    For instance Final Fantasy 7's background music runs slower than it should. This will be fixed.

    I am interested in hearing whether certain games changed in performance (both down and up) drastically since v1.5. Comparison to v1.1 would be interesting to know too.

    I am also considering including a show fps/vsync option in either developer versions I can distribute to you guys or make it a public feature. I have been cautious to make the feature public since if I fudge with timings / cycle counting in the emulator the framerate displayed can be misleading.
    Put simply for example, I can make a build that draws 200 frames per second, but only have the game's logic update once within that second. So your character on the screen would move one frame but the 199 other frames are the same.
    People could see 200 fps with 199 wasted frames drawn to the screen sucking up CPU time that could be used for PSX CPU emulation and compare it to a build that runs at 60 fps. If the 60 fps build in this example updates the game every 60 frames, it is actually running the game faster than that 200 fps example. So fps can be misleading when it comes to timings and IRQs. Fun stuff.

    Feel free to chat with me on Twitter, especially if I wander back into work and forget to update forums. I'm @zodttd

    Thanks!
  10. Junior Droid
    hyunkoon's Avatar
    Member #
    33769
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29
    Phone
    Droid
    Sound is not static anymore
    However, whole game became slower, and if when it need more processing, whole game and sound are slowed together much more apparently.

    Droid X 2.2
Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
  2. Droid General Discussion You can just rename the file extension from
    By saikiran in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 10:26 PM
  3. Metamorph General Discussion
    By Abrakadaniel in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:49 PM
  4. Live Wallpaper General Discussion [non-root only]
    By cereal killer in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 10:00 AM

Search tags for this page

how to make psx4droid faster

,
how to play 7z files on psx4droid
,
how to put cheats on psx4droid
,
how to use cheats in psx4droid
,
how to use cheats on psx4droid
,
psx4droid
,

psx4droid cheat

,
psx4droid cheat plugin
,

psx4droid cheats

,
psx4droid fast forward
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+