DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: PSX4Droid => General Discussion

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bayonetwork
    Phone
    king dro1d
    @trev186 tell me your setup for running psx4droid. (kernel,setcpu,background programs running,etc..)

Rom: ProjectElite v6.5
    Kernel: elite series v4 1ghzLV
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus one
    Quote Originally Posted by h4ckd View Post
    @trev186 tell me your setup for running psx4droid. (kernel,setcpu,background programs running,etc..)
    Nexus 1, Not overclocked running stock Froyo 2.2. nothing out of the ordinary running in the background. Gmail etc. Advanced task killer .

I use the default bios and run PSX4droid on 1.5. sometimes I swap to 1.1 if I know I am going to play a game for a long period which is compatible with it for sound purposes.

If I use save states they are from 1.5 only when I load them. In order to get games to work properly after updating to 1.5 I made a new memory card save when possible from where a save state was and re loaded it
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bayonetwork
    Phone
    king dro1d
    Quote Originally Posted by trev186 View Post
    Nexus 1, Not overclocked running stock Froyo 2.2. nothing out of the ordinary running in the background. Gmail etc. Advanced task killer .

I use the default bios and run PSX4droid on 1.5. sometimes I swap to 1.1 if I know I am going to play a game for a long period which is compatible with it for sound purposes.

If I use save states they are from 1.5 only when I load them. In order to get games to work properly after updating to 1.5 I made a new memory card save when possible from where a save state was and re loaded it
    yeah I have to overclock my droid usually in the 1ghz range give or take but it usually works pretty well but gets hot.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus one

yeah I have to overclock my droid usually in the 1ghz range give or take but it usually works pretty well but gets hot. anyway can you send me a link to your bios files. Preferably ones you found to work the best.
    It has been so long since I downloaded my Bios file. I have not clue where I got it from. I got this the day it came out and have not swapped the bios since.

From my testing the Bios file used has very little to do with the issues.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bayonetwork
    Phone
    king dro1d
    @trev186 what version do you find works the best for more demanding games? I have all the versions since 1.1. I found that 1.1 did work well for sound as well. and also I can't get eboot to work at all. idk..

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus one
    @trev186 what version do you find works the best for more demanding games? I have all the versions since 1.1. I found that 1.1 did work well for sound as well. and also I can't get eboot to work at all. idk..
    Sound is best in 1.1 and for slightly faster for some games like 5%

1.5 is the most compatible with games and crashes the least. I use 1.5 most the time and just make sure sound is set to mono which helps.

The default bios the app recommend SCPH1001 seems like the best. I am going to start testing the 15 games I found which did not work today and see If I can make them though. One of those ways will be trying a few different Bios I have read on but I have not tested this yet and also doubt it will have much effect
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bayonetwork
    Phone
    king dro1d
    Sound is best in 1.1 and for slightly faster for some games like 5%

1.5 is the most compatible with games and crashes the least. I use 1.5 most the time and just make sure sound is set to mono which helps.

The default bios the app recommend SCPH1001 seems like the best. I am going to start testing the 15 games I found which did not work today and see If I can make them though. One of those ways will be trying a few different Bios I have read on but I have not tested this yet and also doubt it will have much effect
    yeah let me know your results, and I also have a .zip file of all bios files that can be used with psx4droid. scph1001 - scph7502. let me know if you want them to help with your testing bro.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola milestone
    you're running all games you listed at 30fps on a stock Nexus one? sorry but I hardly believe it...... unless the Nexus has a really awesome video card..... I can run my phone at 1ghz too and it's never that fast.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus one
    @Kevenz

Why would I lie about how they are running?

I have spent a lot of time testing them. Nexus One runs them just fine. Have you tested them your self and have a different opinion on any of them?

If so Tell me which game and what problem and I will see if I get the same issue

When I run into problems I specify them as well. Also a Milestone over clocked to 1 Ghz is not the same as a Nexus One running a 1 Ghz snapdragon processor.
    Last edited by trev186; 10-18-2010 at 08:31 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus one
    GAMES THAT DO NOT WORK:

2. Rayman 1 (usess CDDA)(Dont bother getting this on PSX4droid you can get it for GBA with same exact graphics !!!!)
    3.Tomb Raider 1- Wont work CDDA not supported
    4.Tomb Raider 2- Wont work CDDA Not supported
    5. Croc wont work uses CDDA
    6. Metal Gear Solid (CDDA issue as well I think not for sure...)
    11. Mortal Combat Trilogy (CDDA game) Plus that series is boring :P
    12. Wing Commander 4 does not work. It loads ok but during intro movies it stutters a ton and then eventually freezes
    13. Soviet Strike: Sadly does not work. Also has the CDDA issue. It gets to a EA logo and then freezes while it loops sound.
    14. Wing Commander 3. freezes after talking to someone..sound loops looks like another CDDA issue

I retested the above games this week to try and get them to work. I used Pocket ISO, Ultra ISO, ISObuster and PSXuripper to try and rip and replace the CDDA files from the games and replace them with dummy files. Sadly this did not fix any of the games and make them any more runnable

Until Zodttd updates the app to allow for CDDA (which would require the emulator to be able to read the Cue and Sub files associated with these games) I cannot get them to work.

I am going to try and get the below games this week which are not CDDA related to run past their freeze points:

Parasite Eve 2
    Metal Slug X
    Thousand Arms
    Front Mission3
Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Links