DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Emulator Questions

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Emulator Questions

So what's the difference between the paid and free versions of the emulators? Additionally where can I get ROMs?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto freakin Droid
    The Paid allows you to Save and Load states of the game. Needed for games that don't allow you to save in the game. The Lite will play just the same, but you can't save your game and load it back up unless it is saved in the game.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by taypotts View Post
    The Paid allows you to Save and Load states of the game. Needed for games that don't allow you to save in the game. The Lite will play just the same, but you can't save your game and load it back up unless it is saved in the game.
    I have the lite version, but have not been able to save my games during save spots in game. I have tried this on several games including Super Mario World, Secret of Mana and Mario Kart. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto freakin Droid
    That's odd? I was able to save Pokemon on Gameboid lite when I played it? If anything I would say just buy them. They are really cheap and a lot of fun to have on your phone.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That's odd? I was able to save Pokemon on Gameboid lite when I played it? If anything I would say just buy them. They are really cheap and a lot of fun to have on your phone.
    Perhaps in game save only works on Gameboid and not Snesoid? I'll try out Gameboid later tonight when I get home from work.
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadas T View Post
    So what's the difference between the paid and free versions of the emulators? Additionally where can I get ROMs?
    touchy subject, with copyright laws etc... but google would be your friend here.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by reitman1 View Post
    Perhaps in game save only works on Gameboid and not Snesoid? I'll try out Gameboid later tonight when I get home from work.
    Just tried something different. Got to a save point in Super Mario World, saved the game, and then without exiting the program, immediately reopened Mario and the save game file was there. However, when I actually exited the program and restarted it back up, my save game was no longer there. It seems like in game save points are going into some cache that gets deleted when exiting from the game. Currently, my roms are zipped on my SD card. Would unzipping them alleviate this? Any help would be appreciated.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    probably not... Usually when you save a game "in-game" it creates a small file usually with a .sav on the end and stores it either in a specified "SAVE" folder or just in the emulators folder somewere.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I dont know much about the individual features that you gain by paying, but you should pay for it either way, it takes time and effort to prefect these emulators, and by buying yo can garuntee you'll get any updates when they come out, idk if he releases them for paid before free.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberek View Post
    I dont know much about the individual features that you gain by paying, but you should pay for it either way, it takes time and effort to prefect these emulators, and by buying yo can garuntee you'll get any updates when they come out, idk if he releases them for paid before free.
    I have no problem paying, I guess I just want to make sure that I can use the in game save states as opposed to the program's saved states with the purchased copy. Being able to save at any time doesn't ring true to the original feel of the game.

Links