DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: N64 Emu, PSX Emu, VLC Player => We need to get Zodtt in the boat

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    wii mote port! Cmon how do you not include that!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Any update on this?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTigger View Post
    Man i would DIE vor a VLC player +

Nice Job bud!

I would love VLC as well, but unless something changed as I mentioned in other posts I don't see it happening. I read that android lacks the hooks into the media portion of the os to add codecs or let the system access built in codecs inside other programs. I don't think a program like vlc can work until that is fixed.

I could be wrong, I'm not a programmer myself, but i was reading what they were talking about for coreavcs h.264 decoder for high def and they were talking about porting it to android and were having major road block issues. I can try finding the link to the post... ill update this with it in a few moments when i find it

for those interested here is the forum post http://forum.corecodec.com/viewtopic...&hilit=android
    and here are some quotes that kind of sum it up:

dec 22, 09 "We have stopped work on it till Google releases an SDK/NDk we can actually build stuff that won't break in the next SDK/NDK release. The current multimedia capabilities in it are underdeveloped (a joke really)."

dec 23, 09 "
    Well the good thing is this..... Google has stated in public now that they are going to allow a library of of spec on the NDK to work which is great news since we have CorePlayer API. But no news on when they will release this support in the NDK."

so perhaps we'll see vlc or other codecs come to light in the next couple of update releases. wasn't there somethign about 2.1 doing an upgrade to the 3d abilities of android for live wallpaper and the cool effects, games..etc?
    Last edited by LrdElderon; 01-19-2010 at 10:19 AM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by LrdElderon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTigger View Post
    Man i would DIE vor a VLC player +

Nice Job bud!

I would love VLC as well, but unless something changed as I mentioned in other posts I don't see it happening. I read that android lacks the hooks into the media portion of the os to add codecs or let the system access built in codecs inside other programs. I don't think a program like vlc can work until that is fixed.

I could be wrong, I'm not a programmer myself, but i was reading what they were talking about for coreavcs h.264 decoder for high def and they were talking about porting it to android and were having major road block issues. I can try finding the link to the post... ill update this with it in a few moments when i find it

for those interested here is the forum post CoreCodec Community Forum • View topic - CorePlayer for Android...
    and here are some quotes that kind of sum it up:

dec 22, 09 "We have stopped work on it till Google releases an SDK/NDk we can actually build stuff that won't break in the next SDK/NDK release. The current multimedia capabilities in it are underdeveloped (a joke really)."

dec 23, 09 "Well the good thing is this..... Google has stated in public now that they are going to allow a library of of spec on the NDK to work which is great news since we have CorePlayer API. But no news on when they will release this support in the NDK."

so perhaps we'll see vlc or other codecs come to light in the next couple of update releases. wasn't there somethign about 2.1 doing an upgrade to the 3d abilities of android for live wallpaper and the cool effects, games..etc?
    coreplayer's devs are pretty much on hold until google releasees proper NDKs. no further development can happen until there is better system integration into the dev kits. the android's claim to open source is completely opposite.

in after the edit. lol.
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    after 2 months of no response. zodttd finally replied to my in twitter.

he wrote the following :

OK UPDATE AGAIN heres the full twitter conversation :
    (read from botton to top)

1. MustangGT500KL
      @zodttd we have MANY interested people.many of the users of droidforums. we have about 42.000 users.and many of them wait for your stuff about 1 hours ago via web in reply to zodttd

2. zodttd
      @MustangGT500KL Honestly I thought only a few people were interested. Didn't know! I will reconsider it's priority. about 1 hours ago via Tweetie in reply to MustangGT500KL

3. MustangGT500KL
      @zodttd thats very sad . the cumminty was counting on you. first you said you sure will do it and now hmm. ok. hope you change your mind. about 1 hours ago via web in reply to zodttd

4. zodttd
      @MustangGT500KL Eep! My Android development has been on hold for awhile due to not liking Google's NDK. about 1 hours ago via Tweetie in reply to MustangGT500KL

5. MustangGT500KL
      @zodttd apple here apple there. dont forget the android users zod . do you remember me ? i wrote you emails cause of android psx and vlc. about 1 hours ago via web in reply to zodttd
    Last edited by MustangGT500; 02-27-2010 at 01:43 PM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    ooooo i cant flippin wait
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    psx emulator would be sooooooo awesome!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid
    even a jailbroken pre can run the psx emu
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    VLC Player and an N64 emu would be most awesome. I use Gameboid at the moment and love it.
  10. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatchie View Post
    even a jailbroken pre can run the psx emu
    yes ! and pre haves many of the good iphone games like NFS undercover and asphalt 5. its really a shame. gameloft and EA dont produce any good games for android, they just released their crappy ports from java phones. i read gameloft wont release much games on android, cause the last games they brought to our robot had very bad sales. about 400 times worse then on iphone. but i think its their own guiltiness. if they WOULD release the highend stuff from the iphone many of us sure would buy it. but with their crappy ports the bad sells are no wonder.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links