DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Text-Based MMORPG Question

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Text-Based MMORPG Question

Okay..Yes I have seen m:Vampire and Dungeon Quest.

have not really given either much of a chance because I do not feel like going online and recruiting, so base your answers on the assumption that I will not be adding any other players to the cult or clans.

Do any of you actually get attacked randomly or is it only when you choose to fight? I had m:Vamp on my phone for a few days, but no one ever would attack me and I always had to fight...uninstalled it because like others have said...the whole text-based mmorpg thing just doesn't cut it for the most part....and besides what happens when you finish all the missions
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You WILL get attacked randomly, but usually only at higher level stages where there is a higher max party effectiveness rate. Example-

Shannon has 40 members in her party in an area where 5 friends count in a fight. Based on weapon s and stats, her base attack is 4 and her base defense is 2.

Akira has 10 members in his party in the same area. His base attack is 5 and base defense is 3.

In this case, each user gets +5 stats because 5 other party members join each. Akira is the winner, with a total attack worth of 10 versus Shannon's of 9.

However, in a level where 40 party members can help at once, Shannon would win. She has 40 party members wheras Akira only has 10. In the end she has 44 attack to Akira's 15, since all 40 members of hers count.

You are attacked more by people with huge parties in areas where they bring more members, cancelling out your weapons and stats immediately. You are also more likely to get mugged if you have a lot of moneyh on hand. Give it some time, it'll happen- but when it does it just shows up as a message saying you won or lost.

I'm with you, though- these games are more "git al ur frends 2 dl" than actual skill in battle. With no plot and the missons being a limitwd number of instant actions, it's not fun enough or lasting enough to be worth it. I gave up this kind of game long ago...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    When I hear "text based RPG" I just think of MUDs. Download ConnectBot (Android MUD Client is a buggy piece of ****, currently) and play some telnet MUDs.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by dnvnk View Post
    When I hear "text based RPG" I just think of MUDs. Download ConnectBot (Android MUD Client is a buggy piece of ****, currently) and play some telnet MUDs.
    man I remember MUDs, abandoned reality was the one I played.... still, that was the best video game I ever played, muds are sweet. I still hop on that one but noone every plays it anymore
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiksilver711 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnvnk View Post
    man I remember MUDs, abandoned reality was the one I played.... still, that was the best video game I ever played, muds are sweet. I still hop on that one but noone every plays it anymore
    I've gotten pretty into Dark and Shattered Lands. Though, its been a while since I played it until I got ConnectBot on my droid. Maybe we should find a new one and start some chars together?
    - d n v n k
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    Honestly I never did find one that I actually liked as much as abandoned reality, but that one is sstill up, I'd start a new guy on that one if you wanted to play on it, send a pm, and we can chat about it
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

Links