DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid X and Corporate Sync

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Droid X and Corporate Sync

So im using the Corporate Sync option to recieve my work email on my X. I just would like a little better understanding of what Data Push is? Also, what does the Fetch Schedule mean?

Im asking because sometimes i will recieve email immediatley on my phone and PC (Outlook recieves first then about 30 seconds later the X gets it) but then sometimes Outlook gets it and about an hour later (have not read the outlook message yet) the X still has not gotten it.

I have my Fetch Schedule set to 15 minutes so shouldnt it have gotten it by then? Also i have Data Push on...

Any input would be great! THANKS!

Member #
    Phone
    MOTO Droid
    Data Push sends the mail automatically to the phone, it literally pushes the mail to your phone usually the same time Exchange gets it. When you fetch, your phone is only searching your inbox for new messages every 15 minutes.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdarris2004 View Post
    Data Push sends the mail automatically to the phone, it literally pushes the mail to your phone usually the same time Exchange gets it. When you fetch, your phone is only searching your inbox for new messages every 15 minutes.
    How come even after 1 hour I still havent recieved the email on my phone? I keep sending myself tests from my yahoo account.

sometimes ill get it quick, sometimes not....why does it say data push may not be available at all times??

again, thank you so much for your info!
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO Droid
    The Droid X has been having some problems with Corp Sync. Some servers don't support it as well as others, if I remember correctly it was Server 2007. There are articles about it on the forum. I have my corp sync set up and it works flawlessly right now, but that could change. Some fixes would be to use a third party app such as Touchdown, that seems to be the one everyone is going to if they cannot get their work emails to come through. I think the 2.2 update is supposed to fix this when it comes out along with a whole slough of other bugs that came with the Droid X. All will be sorted in good time though! Enjoy the X, it is an amazing phone!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdarris2004 View Post
    The Droid X has been having some problems with Corp Sync. Some servers don't support it as well as others, if I remember correctly it was Server 2007. There are articles about it on the forum. I have my corp sync set up and it works flawlessly right now, but that could change. Some fixes would be to use a third party app such as Touchdown, that seems to be the one everyone is going to if they cannot get their work emails to come through. I think the 2.2 update is supposed to fix this when it comes out along with a whole slough of other bugs that came with the Droid X. All will be sorted in good time though! Enjoy the X, it is an amazing phone!
    Cant wait for Froyo, any idea when it will hit the X!

Links