Enough with the treats. I need a meal, H, should've been Ham Sandwich. And an I-cee to wash it down
4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Wiki da sh*t...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
Last edited by dark juggalo; 06-30-2011 at 06:22 AM.
w/BAMF Forever 1.0.7
Motorola Droid 1
w/ Sorcery kang
Motorola Droid X
w/ stock...for now
w/Das Bamf sence-3 RC4.9
Android has seen a number of updates since its original release. These updates to the base operating system typically fix bugs and add new features. Generally, each new version of the Android operating system is developed under a code name based on a dessert item. Past updates included Cupcake and Donut. The code names are in alphabetical order (Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, and the upcoming Ice Cream Sandwich). Below is a list of the most recent versions, and what they include:
- 2.0 (Eclair) included a new web browser, with a new user interface and support for HTML and the W3C Geolocation API. It also included an enhanced camera app with features like digital zoom, flash, color effects, and more.
- 2.1 (Eclair) included support for voice controls throughout the entire OS. It also included a new launcher, with 5 homescreens instead of 3, animated backgrounds, and a button to open the menu (instead of a slider). It also included a new weather app, and improved functionality in the Email and Phonebook apps.
- 2.3 (Gingerbread) refined the user interface, improved the soft keyboard and copy/paste features, and added support for Near Field Communication
- 3.0 (Honeycomb) was a tablet-oriented release which supports larger screen devices and introduces many new user interface features, and supports multicore processors and hardware acceleration for graphics. The Honeycomb SDK has been released and the first device featuring this version, the Motorola Xoom tablet, went on sale in February 2011.
- 3.1 (Honeycomb) was announced at the 2011 Google I/O on 10 May 2011. - To allow honeycomb devices to directly transfer content from USB devices
- 3.2 (Honeycomb) is "an incremental release that adds several new capabilities for users and developers". Highlights include optimization for a broader range of screen sizes; new "zoom-to-fill" screen compatibility mode; capability to load media files directly from the SD card; and an extended screen support API, providing developers with more precise control over the UI.
Future releases that have been announced include:
- 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)is said to be a combination of Gingerbread and Honeycomb into a "cohesive whole". It will be released in October or November 2011.
This may be getting a bit ahead, but I have a paper to write and need a distraction. So, my guesses for the next names after Jelly Bean (since its pseudo-confirmed):
Key Lime Pie
Lemon Square/Lemon Meringue Pie (depending on how similar it is to the previous version)
New York Cheesecake/Nougat
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
Quince Tart (I don't know of anything else that actually starts with Q)
Red Velvet Cake
Vanilla Custard/Ice Cream
Could not think of anything for X
Last edited by tubajoe0; 11-15-2011 at 02:41 AM.