DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: News flash DroidForums bans cyanogen

  1. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #21
    Seriously guys, we are looking into whatever claims you are making. We will post results soon. Just chill for a minute.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  2. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,627
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by forkup View Post
    If you had worked on stuff like this for years and someone came along and took your stuff and claimed it for your own and didn't bother to credit the ones who wrote the source wouldn't you wanna jump on and have your say?

    One thing to go on to a Rom section just to flame. Another to start a tread in another section with proof of your work. IMO Cyanogen should have started a thread of his work and what he has done and allowed the people to see for themselves. Flaming does nothing but turn a forum into a slug fest.
  3. Master Droid
    forkup's Avatar
    Member #
    184
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    317
    #23
    Kinda hard to do when your ip is banned. And with all the flames the past few days they pick cyanogen to ban?
  4. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #24
    agreed, that does make it difficult. it is easy to get banned when you come here to start a fight though, he should have thought of that.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  5. Droid Ninja
    R1Lover's Avatar
    Member #
    1022
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ca
    Posts
    1,702
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    #25
    Cyanogen has every right to defend his hard work.... for those that don't know who he is.... do a google search... he is the reason we are all here.

    If in fact he was banned, I think he should be contacted right away by an admin here and get it removed and sorted out. His claims are valid and I for one of many support honesty here.

    DanDroid, you say it should have been handled in a different manner? I personally did this in the proper manner myself this morning... I just spoke with Miami and he is in fact going to take action to resolve this issue.

    But banning cyanogen is a bad move.... it should be removed ASAP and a personal phone call or e-mail to him should be in order.
  6. Administrator
    JohnDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,271
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by forkup View Post
    Kinda hard to do when your ip is banned. And with all the flames the past few days they pick cyanogen to ban?
    There have been, literally, hundreds banned. So please don't act like we are singling him out. He had one post, it was a flame post, to anyone that looks like trolling.

    Secondly, I still have no email from him so the offer is out there. It's up to him if he wants to take advantage of it.
  7. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by forkup View Post
    Kinda hard to do when your ip is banned. And with all the flames the past few days they pick cyanogen to ban?
    no. you think we PICK someone to ban because of who they are? you should see the list of names we have banned today for flaming and starting fights. his name is in there for that reason. it's not that we have no love for him, it's that we have a policy.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  8. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    Cyanogen has every right to defend his hard work.... for those that don't know who he is.... do a google search... he is the reason we are all here.

    If in fact he was banned, I think he should be contacted right away by an admin here and get it removed and sorted out. His claims are valid and I for one of many support honesty here.

    DanDroid, you say it should have been handled in a different manner? I personally did this in the proper manner myself this morning... I just spoke with Miami and he is in fact going to take action to resolve this issue.

    But banning cyanogen is a bad move.... it should be removed ASAP and a personal phone call or e-mail to him should be in order.
    because he is important? we are not supposed to show partiality to any member, so why should he be different?
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Administrator
    JohnDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,271
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    #29
    Look guys, the issue here is very simple.

    This site has done fine without cyanogen's participation.

    He never deemed it necessary to join this site or post on this site before.

    His first post was a flame. There is no way to tell if it was a troll or a fake account, but the rules were broken and his account was banned for breaking the rules.

    This would have happened to anyone, regardless. Mod maker, regular joe or anyone else.

    We would welcome him as a contributing member to this site, I'm sure he can provide valuable insight.

    If he wants to get his IP unbanned and come make a post and lay out his case in his own thread, the same way we would ask anyone else to do, to participate in a calm and rational manner then he is welcome.
  10. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,627
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by forkup View Post
    Kinda hard to do when your ip is banned. And with all the flames the past few days they pick cyanogen to ban?

    He should take the time to calm down and then later provide proof, depending on how long his ban is.
    And if you know the deal, instead of opening a bunch of threads complaining, why not open a thread that provides proof and info. You can open a thread and put all your work in it and not once mention another member and allow that to be the proof.
    I think you just need to calm down and step away from the situation. After you regain your whits then you will be able to think with a clear head.
    I have no loyalties to any dev or rom. I have tried them all and think they all have done a good job. My loyalties are to ONE and my family.
    We all hare here for a common reason to make our droid user experience better.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 02:11 PM
  2. [NEWS] Droid to get Flash but only for 2.1 and above
    By Matth3w in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 11:43 AM
  3. 2.1 and flash news
    By taypotts in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
  4. Bad news: Dead Pixel past 30 days - Good news:New Droid!
    By Erron in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 08:39 PM

Search tags for this page

cyanogen ally

,
cyanogen for lg revolution
,

cyanogen lg ally

,
cyanogen lg revolution
,
cyanogenmod lg ally
,
cyanogenmod lg revolution
,
forkup android
,
forkup cyanogen
,

lg ally cyanogen

,

lg ally cyanogenmod

,
lg revolution cyanogen
,
lg revolution cyanogenmod
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+