DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unrealistic Expectations for Moto Droid?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AzDroidFan View Post
    Is is this relatively normal behavior for such a new platform? Or have I just been unlucky in the hardware I received?
    Certainly not normal in my experience. I've only ever had one Droid and have never had the issues you mentioned.

Same here got mine before the holidays and never had a problem and I can count the force closes on one hand.

I have the feeling (if people who say they have a problem are honest and didn't abuse or drop the phone) that there are maybe a few hundred phones out there that were never right and never will be. They just keep getting turned in and checked and are given back out as replacements but something is wrong with them that is being overlooked by the repair techs.
    Moto Droid Maxx... Stock... for now!
    Moto Droid Razr... 4.1.2 JB OTA installed and rooted using Matt's Utility... Thanks Matt!

Moto Xoom WiFi ... 4.2.2 JB Ported by Dreamcwli

Moto Sliver Bluetooth

Moto S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Headphones... Thanks Droid Forums!
  2. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I haven't rooted and have the OTA 2.1, but I've had this phone since 11/06/09 and it has worked fine.

Unfortunately any mass produced item will have some lemons out there.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 Verizon
    Even with lemons, it seems odd that 3 phones in a row would have the same issue. Even that alone makes the odds astronomical.
    So it sounds like there is some external source causing them to act strangely.
    Probably something not easy to put a finger on.
    Like the 3rd party charger issue (remember how long that took to figure out).

Just seems to make more sense than "bad luck".
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Motorola Droid
    do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT get the eris! I went through 3 of em within a week and a half because after every call or text msg it would lock up and I'd have to battery pull. Dudes at the verizon store saw it happen and were lost, saying no one ever had that problem before. Also the battery life is non existant. I had all things OFF and would still charge it 4 to 8 times a day. Within 30 min it would be half empty and in an hour, dead. with or without use.

My droid that i got instead gave me no probs up to now (save the horrifying youtube that dont work but i got that in the tech category right now for answers), the batt lasts ONE charge for 2 days with everything running (even though Im religious killing apps. The amount of apps that are irrevelvant to the phone seem to turn on a lot which I will make as a new topic when im done here, lol.

but yeah. do NOT get the eris. It really shouldn't wear the 'droid' name in my opinion......
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by FoFa View Post
    Even with lemons, it seems odd that 3 phones in a row would have the same issue. Even that alone makes the odds astronomical..
    Not really I had the same thing happen with my Dare when I first got that same issue with 3 phones the first was new the 2nd and 3rd were both Referbs, after the 3rd phone i asked for a new one out of the box and since there was a record of all the times i went in to support they gave me a new Dare that has worked fine since.
    Mike D
    This is the Droid that i am searching for
    --------
    Device: Motorola Droid RAZR
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Bought mine release day at 7am and have had 0 issues. It has actually exceeded my expectations. If you think the Eris suits you give it a try. I could not go that route after having the Droid this long. Trust me, and I am sure most others (have not read the posts), your issues are not common. Best phone I have ever owned and I have tried most including the Iphone 3GS (had to throw that in just in case)
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If it's not battery, then try to use bone stock without any added applications and if it works OK then install one a day. This will isolate the cause if there are any application issue.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    THE Motorola Droid
    Thanks, all. Don't want to "jinx" anything, but my Droid's been doing OK since my last post in this thread. Maybe I scared it into submission!

Seriously, the new battery comes soon and will try it. If I get any weirdness, I'll do the suggestion of going to stock apps. and then adding one by one every day. I guess, I could also replace the stock wall charger.

The only thing different about my car chargers is that instead of replacing them (I like their solid Motorola construction), I got two Motorola stock "mini" to "micro" USB connectors to make the jump from my previous MotoKrzr to the Droid. You don't suppose using those modified car chargers could have caused any of the freeze ups?

p.s. - I refused the delivery of the Eris and had it returned to Verizon.
    -- "Droid me, baby!"
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID Build ESE81
    I suggest that anyone reading this with a similar issue goes into a Verizon storefront. It is my experience that you get better results with less arguing, especially on a busy Saturday afternoon when there are a lot of people around to hear what is going on.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    THE Motorola Droid
    Thanks all! The new battery is doing well and no issues. I used the charger in my wife's car and had a "hiccup", so new OEM charger for her car is on the way.

Paraphrase: "If three handsets have the same issue, maybe it's not the handset at all. Maybe it's something that is staying the same across the handsets like the battery and/or charger(s)." Hopefully this good deduction will help some others as it did me.

This forum is the best!
    -- "Droid me, baby!"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links