DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WePad => ipad competitor with brilliant specs and android

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by givequicheachance View Post
    I agree that price does factor in, as does Android's awesome 24-hour refund policy (which I have taken advantage of quite a bit).

That said, even those don't account for the sheer volume of apps that Apple has. 60% of 20k is 12k. 15% of 100k is 15k. Apple still has more free apps, more paid apps, and more apps period. As much as I love my Droid and wouldn't trade it for an iphone, Apple's app store still whallops Android's when viewed objectively.
    but when you count how many are worthless and/or repeats, how many does that leave you with.....and the biggest thing--look how old Android Market is to Apple market---a lot more time to come up with apps! (compare apples to apples duh dum dum, pun intended lol)
    Yes Android Market is still fairly new compared to Apple's App Store but in all reality Apple will stay ahead with this one because 50% of Apple's App Developers do not even want to mess with Android because of the many different versions of the OS. Yes there are a lot of repeats on Apple's App Store but Android Market has a lot of repeats as well. There is like 10 different home screen apps in the market right now. I love my Droid but when you look at it Apple's App Store takes the win.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    How does a refund work? I purchased MissingSync the other day and realized that it wasn't working for me within the 24 hours, but didn't know about the refund policy. I sent an email to the company within the 24 hours asking for a refund but left the app installed in case they questioned my reasoning and so that I could reproduce the log files they might ask for. Does it automatically refund the $ when you uninstall the app? Now that I think about it, I still haven't paid for any apps from the market, the paid part of Missing Sync is the desktop application. Do the $ get added onto my cell bill for market purchases?
    Last edited by slohcinbocaj; 03-31-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling correction
  3. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    guys please back to topic now ! its about wepad not about the best market ! in my opinion the android market is as good as appstore. ITS NOT RELEVANT HOW MANY APPS. you can 200.000 apps and 150.000 are ****. so its not really important. the usuability of the market, the gui, the functions counts too. so pls btt .
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    We have a new site in the works for all Android Tablet discussion. Please check it out @ Android Tablet Forum. We need some help getting it as popular as this place
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    hey cool many thanks for the infos dan ! i will take a look at it.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by givequicheachance View Post
    Looks great, though to be fair, if 680g wins over 800g, then the iTunes Store should win over Android market. Android market is getting there, but it's not on the level of apple's app store yet.

How about prices?
    Dude 680g is the weight of the iPad and 800g is the Weight of the WePad so yes 680g wins over 800g in weight. As far as the apple app store goes yes it should win over Android Market because Apple has what 200,000 apps and android has what maybe 50,000?

If the 120g difference really factors in, you have problems
    Never trust your own eyes believe what you are told
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links