DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Alarm Clock and Update

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Alarm Clock and Update

Morning All,
    Wierd issue I'm having since the update from this weekend. I had an alarm clock app on the phone, when the update came through the app no longer worked. I couldn't access teh app at all, it wouldn't force close or crash, it just wouldn't open fully. I took the app off the page it was on, and am trying to remove it from the phone. It doesn't show up anywhere on the phone, therefore I can't remove it. It is still running and goes off at the time I set it when I first downloaded the app.

So, the question is: how do I remove an app that doesn't show up on the phone? I've removed apps before, so it's not like I don't know how to do that. But, how do I find an app that is running and working (in a fashion), but not showing up anywhere.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx, and like I said it has the most up to date OS on it.

Thanks for the help.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I don't know about that one, but I'm getting annoyed that every time my OS has an update, something loses functionality. The latest function to get messed up was the progressive volume alarm where the alarm clock starts out soft, and then gets louder and louder until I hit "snooze" or "dismiss".
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by vet2be View Post
    I don't know about that one, but I'm getting annoyed that every time my OS has an update, something loses functionality. The latest function to get messed up was the progressive volume alarm where the alarm clock starts out soft, and then gets louder and louder until I hit "snooze" or "dismiss".
    Me too! Looks like, with the update, the progressive volume is not even an option anymore! Frustrating!
    Anyone know how to get the gradual increase in volume back without downloading an entirely new alarm clock app?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chapman_troy
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Go to Manage Apps, scroll over to All Apps. It should be there. The stock alarm, on JB, is now located within the stock app called Clock.
    Motorola Razr Maxx phone & Xoom tablet
    *filled with JellyBean goodies*
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    The only solution I found was downloading an alarm clock app. Alarm Clock Xtreme Free by Angle Labs -- It has the crescendo volume setting that starts quiet and gradually increases.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Get another alarm clock app, you can find numerous such apps on Google play.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx hd
    My complaint is the display goes dark when I hit dismiss. I had it set for 10 minutes as we don't get up when it goes off. But now the screen goes dark right away.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by vet2be View Post
    The only solution I found was downloading an alarm clock app. Alarm Clock Xtreme Free by Angle Labs -- It has the crescendo volume setting that starts quiet and gradually increases.
    I googled a free alarm app just for the increasing volume & missing Timer function & it had advertisements that were annoying so I removed it. I only checked out the upgrades for 5 minutes & when I tried to put on SLEEP to go to church, it only has Power Off & Airplane Mode options. I thought upgrades are intended to improve the phone features, not take features away so you can download free ad-- supported apps. I'd rather have my not-so-smart phone if that's the case. I was playing a free game app with my 6-yr old niece when a birth control & dating ads started to flash......it's a joke!

Links