DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: the android vs iphone debate

1. Junior Droid
    Member #

the android vs iphone debate

Im doing a persuasive essay for one of my classes and I want to do mine on iphone vs androids.
    Are there any converts out there that can give me some pros and cons between the 2?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Yes, one is sold by a single coolaid vendor and the other is sold by many vendors that compete with each other plus the coolaid vendor for our business.

Chris
    Rezound User - Retired Techie
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Thank you for your wise words my droid master Chris
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hardware is that the initial place that the variations between the iPhone and mechanical man become clear. Apple is that the solely company that creates iPhones, giving it extraordinarily tight management over however the package and hardware work along. On the opposite hand, Google offers its mechanical man package to several phone manufacturers (Samsung, HTC, LG, and Motorola, among others, provide mechanical man phones). As a result, mechanical man phones vary quite an bit in size, weight, features, user expertise, and quality.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member

Re: the android vs iphone debate

Service after the sale.
    Apple offers Apple stores for support. They do an excellent job. Android offers where you bought your device from. Customer service can vary greatly.
    As an Ipad convert I can attest Apple offers a very straight forward product. You know what to expect and that's what you get. That can be good or bad, depending on your needs/wants. In my case it was bad. I needed more capabilities, that were expensive to fill with via itunes. Having to BUY browsera to upload files, another to handle certain types of content, and the Ipad defaulting to the stock browser without ability to switch to an aftermarket is one example of why I switched. My wants, beyond not wanting a screen that looked like everyone elses, were the ability to install files without having an os decide my needs and wants for me, the ability to get my media from a source I choose vs being enslaved to itunes either by cord or wireless ankle bracelet. The lack of true multi tasking was infuriating.
    My wife prefers the simplicity and decide your wants for you of ios. She surfs the web, plays some games and checks her email. I use my Tab as a desktop replacement along with surfing, game playing, email checks.
    When using ios I needed my desktop almost daily. With my Android tablet my desktop gets used very very infrequently now by me. Android tablets don't have the oomph of a power machine but they come a lot closer to a Windows experience and capability than ios.
    An ipad is an iphone with a bigger screen and better camera that makes phone calls, fine for texters and web surfers but for true smartphone capability, again using your smartphone as a mini office portal, Android shines brightest.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 11-02-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Phone
    D.E. Moto X. Unlimited/Verizon
    I wish the internet was around when I was in school so I could have random strangers help me complete my assignments!
    I like to watch debates, especially when they're fair!
    Another definition of ghey: When a self appointed "referee" decides to join a "debate" (that's okay) but then decides to end/close the "debate", only because both sides have valid points & he/she just can't win and/or doesn't want to hear the other opinions any longer...

Sorry, I only check/subscribe to threads that I've started, not all the ones I've posted in , PM me instead.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzz
    I wish the internet was around when I was in school so I could have random strangers help me complete my assignments!
    Thanks for the great responses but I had to address you fonzz. Ha yeah its great. Im glad I waited to go back to school and just so you feel a little better; I still need 3 academic sources and I don't even know the full assignment. I just want to see what im workin with maybe get an outline in my head, brainstorm a little. None of my friends or anyone in my family have androids. They are all apple people. All of em. So sad
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    aimeefleckart
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy S 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    As an Ipad convert I can attest Apple offers a very straight forward product. You know what to expect and that's what you get. That can be good or bad, depending on your needs/wants.
    THIS ^^^^

I loved loved loved my iPhone, iPad, iPods, and MacBook Pro....yes, I have been an Apple geek for a very long time. But, I got
    very....bored with the system and how nothing.ever.changes.

I went from iPhone to the Galaxy S3 and I really like this phone. I'm glad I made the switch, even with my frustrations at times
    figuring out things. There are some things I miss about iProducts, but the good has certainly outweighed the things I miss.
    The internet works so much better, phone is faster, etc, etc.

I am working on selling my MacBook Pro...I need a new lap top, but I DO NOT like what they've done to the new ones, so I'll be
    going back to PC. *sigh*
    BaSHa likes this.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Apple is a simple system capable of doing whatever apple wants you to do. I have owned every Iphone from 3 to the Iphone 5. After purchasing the 5 I realized that I have spent over 2800.00 on phones that's operating system has pretty much been the same since day 1. After realizing this I became interested in what the Android had to offer. I purchased the galaxy s3 and this phone does things that I used to wait for in a jailbreak with Iphone. In my honest opinion apple was the original touchscreen phone that started the hype, now I find apple is just that... Hype. People purchase the Iphone just to say they have it.... It's more of a status symbol than an operating device. In my opinion Samsung puts in more effort to really let the user be original and creative with their device as well as functional. Apple still holds the king of the smartphone in sales but not a chance in performance. My two cents
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links