DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: please help

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III SPH-L710
    I've noticed the same thing... "the forum ads a space to the message title". I've seen that happen in a few places and I couldn't find a pattern i.e., number of characters preceding it, etc.

Back to the topic of the post, I have spent an additional 4 1/2 hours with SPRINT and they do not/will not acknowledge this as being their application. I believe it is, though I'm not willing to perform the factory reset just yet. If anybody happens to be at a place where they are willing to "factory reset" your S III, please take note if the app is there before AND after the reset. This will give us a lot to work with. Or even if you your wife, child, friend, (wife & girlfriend, husband & boyfriend ) etc. has it on their phones... at least we would have more to learn from. I am the only one in my circle with the S III currently.

I will be going into the SPRINT service center soon, and will ask to see one of their phones to determine if they have it on their phone.... while I am asking there tech to explain the reason for the app.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII
    I finally got my... | Facebook

No an answer as I have been looking for it as well but It is word from Samsung directly.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SPH-L710
    I had the same thing on my phone. I work with someone who also has a galaxy s3. Its not on his. He is with Verizon, though, whereas I am a sprint customer. I did a hard factory reset and it is still there. I found it because I wanted to root my phone after an app I use stopped working after the Jelly Bean update (which I wish I could undo if someone knows how to return to the prior operating system). In preparing to root it I downloaded the samsung drivers for the phone to my computer but it still doesn't recognize my device. When I was looking into that issue one of the peices of advice was to insure there were no administrators enabled preventing the communication. When I checked my administrators, I found the source of discontention in this thread and my experience was the same... it will not allow me to deactivate it. I found this thread via google trying to find out what it was and how to ditch it. Not sure if it is a sprint thing, a jelly bean thing, or something else. Would like it gone though since I didn't put it there. Even more than that I would like to return to my prior OS so my apps would work again!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadleek View Post
    I found it because I wanted to root my phone after an app I use stopped working after the Jelly Bean update (which I wish I could undo if someone knows how to return to the prior operating system).
    Why get rid of root? Googlesearch Odin stock sph l710. Not only will you find how to get rid of root. But you will find how to go back to ICS.

On a side note I have looked at 11 SGS3' s and found they all have it.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sknopster
    I've noticed the same thing... "the forum ads a space to the message title". I've seen that happen in a few places and I couldn't find a pattern i.e., number of characters preceding it, etc.

Back to the topic of the post, I have spent an additional 4 1/2 hours with SPRINT and they do not/will not acknowledge this as being their application. I believe it is, though I'm not willing to perform the factory reset just yet. If anybody happens to be at a place where they are willing to "factory reset" your S III, please take note if the app is there before AND after the reset. This will give us a lot to work with. Or even if you your wife, child, friend, (wife & girlfriend, husband & boyfriend ) etc. has it on their phones... at least we would have more to learn from. I am the only one in my circle with the S III currently.

I will be going into the SPRINT service center soon, and will ask to see one of their phones to determine if they have it on their phone.... while I am asking there tech to explain the reason for the app.
    The thing is that sprint dies not load the phones Samsung does Amy preinstalled software or firmware on the phones comes from them... the only "apps" that are sprint apps will be labeled as sprint apps on the phones... those are the only ones we have any information on in our systems. The process servers all come directly from Samsung... in shirt directly from someone who works for sprint we most likely would not have the information about the process that is running on the phone. I do work for sprint but in customer care in all honesty the only difference between a care keep and a tech tennis three tools and the ability to is Google while on a call. If the phone has been master reset bad the process is still running as an admin on the phone it's probably there for a reason as much as I hate to say that have you talked to Samsung?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III SPH-L710
    Quote Originally Posted by emoge View Post
    The thing is that sprint dies not load the phones Samsung does Amy preinstalled software or firmware on the phones comes from them... the only "apps" that are sprint apps will be labeled as sprint apps on the phones... those are the only ones we have any information on in our systems. The process servers all come directly from Samsung... in shirt directly from someone who works for sprint we most likely would not have the information about the process that is running on the phone. I do work for sprint but in customer care in all honesty the only difference between a care keep and a tech tennis three tools and the ability to is Google while on a call. If the phone has been master reset bad the process is still running as an admin on the phone it's probably there for a reason as much as I hate to say that have you talked to Samsung?

The official Samsung answer is that the Admin app... "com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneInfoReceiver" includes "SPRextension" (emphasis added) which indicates to them that it is a SPRINT app. They have NO KNOWLEDGE of the application. WHY is this such a mystery to EVERYONE? Why can my microphone AND camera be activated while the phone is "apparently off". This allows the unknown and potentially deviate entity that controls the app to essentially eavesdrop and see what the camera sees, all the while without my knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong, PLEASE!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by sknopster

The official Samsung answer is that the Admin app... "com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneIn foReceiver" includes "SPRextension" (emphasis added) which indicates to them that it is a SPRINT app. They have NO KNOWLEDGE of the application. WHY is this such a mystery to EVERYONE? Why can my microphone AND camera be activated while the phone is "apparently off". This allows the unknown and potentially deviate entity that controls the app to essentially eavesdrop and see what the camera sees, all the while without my knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong, PLEASE!
    So my brother got a galaxy s3 with Sprint. And this administrator is not on his phone. Also my friend got an s3 with t mobile and its not on his either, so basically I'm confused as hell. Any theories here?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SPH-L710
    I went to my local sprint shop. They didnt know what it was either. They checked their sample phone in their lobby and it did have it too along with a sprint retail administrator app.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    sgs3
    i wonder if it is tied to the SprintZone app. Somehow, the SprintZone intercepted my call to 611, and then offered to update my PRL rather than make the call. it still let me call.

also, if you go to Settings > (Wireless and network) More Settings > (Network) Mobile networks > Connections Optimizer, there is a huge window with a lot of text. if you read the text, it kinda matches (but not exactly) some of the permissions the com.sec.sprextension has.

I wonder if the Connections Optimizer uses the Device Admin (SPRextension) to collect information about the device and its surroundings (wifi, gps)..and sends it back home via the SprintZone?
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I have disabled it... If you are rooted install titanium backup and freeze com.sec.sprextensio...o4.1.1L710xxxxx

ENJOY
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links