DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clarification about 2.1: Everyone read

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!
    While everyones optimism of "2 days and they'll have 2.1 hacked/rooted" might be unrealistic... I just don't see it NOT HAPPENING AT ALL as some claim. Hell, if the Iphone can be jailbroken with as anal as they are... no phone is truly safe from hacking.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID B*$*H
    that would suck i have a lot plans for my phone ,all this what if ..he said she said s killing me today
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID B*$*H
    dont get me wrong its something to0 consider
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid/Sholes 2.0.6 @ 1200Mhz
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    This brings up another interesting scenario... So if 2.1 comes out and is NOT rootable what will new/refurbished Droid be 'flashed' with from the factory... it would REALLY suck if someone had to exchange/replace their phone and the replacement had an unrootable ROM...

Be about the same as if root can't be reversed... you would NOT be able to exchange the phone for warranty or insurance... you'd essentially have to drop it in the toilet and hope they don't (or can't) pull the ROM info once they get it at the reconditioning facility.
    Hell, Just say it was stolen... problem fixed. Now to address the problem of speculation...
    If you see the ninja you are rooted.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    G1 and MotoDroid
    Couldn't you basically do it the same way as rooting a G1 and downgrade to 2.0.1 (after having had 2.1) and then reroot? I don't see why you couldn't RE-LOAD the old version in order to root. Just make a 2.0.1 backup before updating, if you don't like it, install update and go back! Should be just as easy... right guys?
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    This brings up another interesting scenario... So if 2.1 comes out and is NOT rootable what will new/refurbished Droid be 'flashed' with from the factory... it would REALLY suck if someone had to exchange/replace their phone and the replacement had an unrootable ROM...

Be about the same as if root can't be reversed... you would NOT be able to exchange the phone for warranty or insurance... you'd essentially have to drop it in the toilet and hope they don't (or can't) pull the ROM info once they get it at the reconditioning facility.
    hammer......
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7starz View Post
    Couldn't you basically do it the same way as rooting a G1 and downgrade to 2.0.1 (after having had 2.1) and then reroot? I don't see why you couldn't RE-LOAD the old version in order to root. Just make a 2.0.1 backup before updating, if you don't like it, install update and go back! Should be just as easy... right guys?
    If i am incorrect someone please correct me.

I thought that you cannot do that unless you are rooted. You cannot enter the "root" of you SD card and run an update.zip file from the normal boot menu. I may be wrong here, it has happened... once.
    Last edited by r-dubya; 02-09-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

hammer......
    Could you really bring yourself to smash away at your phone? Honestly? I don't think i could...

Maybe just throw it at the wall...
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Out of pure curiosity lol..if you did happen to have to...introduce the droid to Mr. Hammer...you would be charged $50 and could only to it once more for 2010? (provided you insured your phone when purchasing with verizons insurance)
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobez395 View Post
    Out of pure curiosity lol..if you did happen to have to...introduce the droid to Mr. Hammer...you would be charged $50 and could only to it once more for 2010? (provided you insured your phone when purchasing with verizons insurance)
    hypothetically speaking? i believe the smartphone insurance deductible is $90.. and i am not certain about how often you are able to claim said insurance.

and yes. i can take a hammer to anything, even my beloved droid.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links