DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Employer re-imaged phone. Any way to prove it?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    As I looked more, its called Activate Device Administrator or Exchange Device Administrator

ITs on newer Exchange servers and if they've enabled it, you've got to accept it. I know I had tried denying and never got connect. I hit accept, and I get email. simple as that.

I would say, that I'd never allow my IT folks to touch my phone. Its a "give me the settings and I'll do it myself." kinda thing.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    nikecar, yup that would be it. The nuke option I like to call it. I actually did set it up myself wi the droid account tool as a corporate account as I recall.

The big problem here for me is proving that the phone was wiped by them. Yes I'm sure they have a log of killing the exchange account, and possibly of the phone being wiped. Heck it might of been an after thought or they didn't know what they were doing. Honestly the company was unorganized enough that there was no IT, or verified HR or established leadership, but I digress.

Still if I was to bring this to court, or bring it up with the company directly and speak of legal action, what proof can I have? I'm just stuck.

Kat, thanks for your support man. Hoping for the best out of all of this.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    is there any way to block/disable this ability? rooted/non-rooted? I'm being pressured to use my personal device for corporate email but absolutely refuse to give corporate the ability to nuke my phone for any reason. i have that myself if i need it, but corporate has no business whatsoever having that access to a personal device.

--- Rakasa
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    No way to avoid it afaik. It's a slippery slope they're going down, so they'll have something to protect themselves. For you, I would say that the control you'll be handing over to them is excessive and I wouldn't do it. I experienced this once in my life...never again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedMeAStrayCat View Post
    nikecar, yup that would be it. The nuke option I like to call it. I actually did set it up myself wi the droid account tool as a corporate account as I recall.

The big problem here for me is proving that the phone was wiped by them. Yes I'm sure they have a log of killing the exchange account, and possibly of the phone being wiped. Heck it might of been an after thought or they didn't know what they were doing. Honestly the company was unorganized enough that there was no IT, or verified HR or established leadership, but I digress.

Still if I was to bring this to court, or bring it up with the company directly and speak of legal action, what proof can I have? I'm just stuck.

Kat, thanks for your support man. Hoping for the best out of all of this.
    Hey, I'm pulling for you, but if you're still with them don't lose your job over it. Best of luck!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    No way to avoid it afaik. It's a slippery slope they're going down, so they'll have something to protect themselves. For you, I would say that the control you'll be handing over to them is excessive and I wouldn't do it. I experienced this once in my life...never again.

i'm currently pushing back with having no problem whatsoever with them having the ability to encrypt/wipe their own data (write their own app for the email client if needs be; they have devs on staff), but unless they back off on the phone wide privileges, i refuse to access email through the ActiveSync... may cost me my job... :-(

they didn't like my answer of accessing via the web browser because
    #1: i have to actively check for new messages rather than be automatically alerted
    #2: they can't wipe the corporate data from the cache if the phone is lost
    #3: the browser lets me save my password

--- Rakasa
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links