DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 7" Tablet with ICS 4.0, advertised for $99

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    @mbw4359
    Phone
    ideausa.us CT702 model irv07
    Hi all,

Newbie to Android and GF just picked this up for me. How do I get this information?

Quote Originally Posted by Natey2 View Post
    It is a little slower than my DroidX, except for floating point operations: see DroidX vs Pentium 4 vs Core i7 vs ...

PassMark rating (see PassMark Android Benchmark Charts to compare to other devices)
    System: 858
    CPU: 1202
    Disk: 712
    Memory: 957
    2D graphics: 1020
    3D graphics: 472

Some differences between the printed spec and what I see. Using the pre-installed ES Task Manager's "About Phone" option:

iDeaUSA 7" Tablet:
    Model: A777 (according to firmware). Box indicates CT702; chasis indicates IRV07
    Serial number: Can't find one anywhere!
    Total memory: 368MB
    Total internal storage: 1.00GB
    Total SD Card: 2.28GB (but I see no removable SD card in the SD Card slot)
    CPU frequency: 1200 MHz (spec says 800 MHz)
    Android version: 4.0.3

For reference, my DroidX reports:
    Total memory: 476MB
    Total internal storage: 6.54GB
    Total SD Card: 29.71GB
    CPU frequency: 1000 MHz
    Android version 2.3.4

I will edit/update this list:
    Google Market v3.3.12 pre-installed. This is not Google Play Store.
    Amazon AppStore works.
    Adobe Flash 11.1 pre-installed and works.
    Netflix v1.7.1 from Google Market works.
    Documents To Go v3.0 pre-installed.
    FlexT9 keyboard (and excellent tracing/swiping and voice-input) works.

HDMI output works, and supports HDMI-mirroring (who said one needs a powerful processor to support HDMI-mirroring?)
    Nice to see my Android 4.0.3 screen on my HD TV with no 3rd-party software required!
    Tablet has a mini-HDMI connector, not micro.
    TV reports signal is 1080p HD 16:9, and the Netflix app outputs fine to the HDTV.

Lockscreen supports custom message, so one can specify "if found, please contact ..." on the lockscreen. Now why didn't Motorola think of that?

Manual indicates an included leather case and earphone, but was not included in my box. Will check on this...
    Edit: the video on YouTube did not indicate the inclusion of a leather case or earphone.

In-built microphone recording level is very low with the pre-installed voice-recorder app.
    Rear-mounted speaker is inaudible if tablet is placed on a flat surface. Would be better if there were side-mounted speaker outputs, or little rubber knubs on the bottom corners to lift the tablet a fraction of an inch off the surface.

Rear-facing 2MP camera has no flash, and is bad for indoor/low-light photography. Have not tried the front-facing 0.3MP camera yet.

No external LEDs in this device at all. Are all Tablets like that? I miss the LEDs on my DroidX that indicate battery charge level via color, and light up the standard Android buttons in the dark..

Edit 5/26/2012: This tablet supports USB host mode! I plugged in an external USB keyboard and can use it. Ensure you use the correct USB OTG host mode adapter, which is not a normal USB adapter.

DroidX 4.3" screen is sharper than this Tablet's 7" screen, but I'm still very pleased with this Tablet for the price I paid.

Someone did an excellent Youtube review:

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw4359 View Post
    Hi all,

Newbie to Android and GF just picked this up for me. How do I get this information?
    The information I posted is from various apps from the Android Market:
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...ctricsheep.asi
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/de....drolez.nbench
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...mark.pt_mobile
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...utu.ABenchMark

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
    FoxKat likes this.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Thanks Natey2 for actually answering the member's question and not instead assuming he was either a spam post or flaming him. I have communicated and he is sincere in his question so it's good to know we have level heads out there like you!!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    iDeaUSA CT702
    I currently own this tablet, and I realized that there's something very wrong with the g-sensor (horizontal tilt). If you try to play, Temple Run, Doodle Jump, or Labyrinth on the CT702, up is left, and down is right, or something like that. Can anyone else give me confirmation on this?

Also, what's the safe overclocking range? I've overclocked it to er... 800MHz and it appears okay. If you do 1GHz then there starts to be problems where the right side of the tablet (probably the batter) gets REALLY hot and the charger gets a little loose. I'm guessing 800MHz should be fine but I don't want any unseen internal damage happening.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX

Re: 7" Tablet with ICS 4.0, advertised for $99

Try this app to test the sensor(s): http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...droidsensorbox

Works fine on my CT702.

Edit: it looks like Temple Run does require the tablet to be tilted in a strange way to get the guy to move in a particular direction.
    Last edited by Natey2; 03-01-2013 at 07:35 AM.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    iDeaUSA CT702
    When you mention "strange way", is it like where the sensor is completely turned 90 degrees? I don't have my tablet right now I sent it to be repaired for other issues, and I wanted to send a follow up for whether that applied to all of that model. It can best be seen in "Labyrinth", and there is a free version of this game on the Google Play Market. You can see if up really does make it go up, if left really makes the marble go left, and vice versa.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links