DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3g to 4g droid

Member #
    Phone
    RAZR

3g to 4g droid

will a 3g phone be able to upgrade to a 4g phone or would I have to buy a new one?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by davedroid2323 View Post
    will a 3g phone be able to upgrade to a 4g phone or would I have to buy a new one?
    Once VZW makes 4G available to all a software update to your droid handset will take place allowing for the 4G service to work. As it stands now the droid is the only 4G capable phones that VZW has out. So, no worries
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    Once VZW makes 4G available to all a software update to your droid handset will take place allowing for the 4G service to work. As it stands now the droid is the only 4G capable phones that VZW has out. So, no worries
    do you have proof of this? all threads on this board, as well as other readings online have all stated that the DROID and all of VZW's curretn 3G lineup are NOT LTE compatible.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    do you have proof of this? all threads on this board, as well as other readings online have all stated that the DROID and all of VZW's curretn 3G lineup are NOT LTE compatible.
    I second that emotion.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post

My information comes from the Motorola support staff. I called for issue i had with a defective keyboard (peeling off as i opened the slider). As my new replacement was being taken care of by Motorola and i was still on the phone with him we had a little conversation about the droid. I was assured that the droid is indeed the only capable 4G phone that verizon currently has. (this came about because we were talking about the sprint 4G network)
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    ^^ I wouldn't hold anything a Moto tech says to merit. LTE will require different functionality than a software update.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    the droid is not 4g ready.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    richrcp2
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S 4
    I have not read anything that states the Droid is LTE ready!! That would be great if it were factual but need to see proof!!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    [quote=huskur;187400][quote=640k;187382]

My information comes from the Motorola support staff. I called for issue i had with a defective keyboard (peeling off as i opened the slider). As my new replacement was being taken care of by Motorola and i was still on the phone with him we had a little conversation about the droid. I was assured that the droid is indeed the only capable 4G phone that verizon currently has. (this came about because we were talking about the sprint 4G network)
    I was invited to a VZW demo here in phoenix reguarding the unveiling of LTE (4G) and first of all its not rolling out till the end of 2012 i believe in most areas. They plan to have it completely rolled out the beginning of 2013 or mid 2014. The devices that are out now (at that time in october) are only 3G compatible. When 4G rolls out new devices will have to be bought. Most of the devices that will use 4G are myfi or netbooks sold by VZW. They do not plan on having many if any 4G devices for the first 6 months or so of having 4G. They do already have the technology and i got to see it with my own two eyes. 4G will change everything about mobile computing. BLAZING fast speeds, both download and upload.

Im not saying for sure our droids are or aren't 4G compatible but any 3G device is not compatible with 4G. But 4G devices will be backwards compatible with 3G service.
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    right, it's not a software difference but a hardware difference. you will have to upgrade phones..
    /thread
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links