DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Debating if I should buy a Rezound. Would like to get some tips and opinions.

  1. Master Droid
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Member #
    63406
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    924
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    I'm talking about white balance. You are talking about brightness.
    Yes, I believe you are mistaking one for the other. Because you are viewing the pictures on the phones, and not in a neutral medium. So the phone display is a variable.

    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    Pictures absolutely should be compared on the phones they are taken to judge a camera.
    Not if your goal is to compare the camera quality. Because pictures will not remain on the camera forever...they will be copied and e-mailed. And they will not look the same on your PC as they do on your phone display.

    If my display was only showed the color blue, and I took a picture, the picture would not be blue, even though it might look like that on my broken display. Because the picture is not dependent on the display. It has nothing to do with the display.

    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    The vast majority of pictures taken on a phone by the vast majority of camera phone owners are viewed on the phone.
    The vast majority of pictures do not remain on your phone...they are e-mailed to friends and family or uploaded to dropbox or whatever. Eventually you will get a new phone and move your pictures then if nothing else.

    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    It is not logical to use a more obscure measuring stick over an every day one.
    If you honestly want to compare picture quality, you do it on the same display. Otherwise you are doing an apples and oranges comparison.
    Last edited by JeffDenver; 02-04-2012 at 07:06 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    digi-head's Avatar
    Member #
    63833
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    The screen on the LG isnt perfect, but its way better than the screen on the Rezound. Sharper, lighter, bigger, less pink , blacker and with GorillaGlass.
    Sorry, but you can't tell me ANY screen is "way better" than the Rezound. It's absolutely georgeous. I'm looking at a white background right now, and it's white, not pink. It's unbelievably sharp, it's got very deep blacks, and it's plenty bright. I'm coming from a Bionic and this screen absolutely destroys that one. I'm not sure how you could have such an opinion about the Rezound screen if you've never owned one. I'm sure the LG has a very nice screen, but no way it's "way better".

    And I'm telling you from experience, the camera is ridiculous. But you don't have to take my word for it, just look at the reviews.
  3. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Yes, I believe you are mistaking one for the other. Because you are viewing the pictures on the phones, and not in a neutral medium. So the phone display is a variable.

    Not if your goal is to compare the camera quality. Because pictures will not remain on the camera forever...they will be copied and e-mailed. And they will not look the same on your PC as they do on your phone display.

    If my display was only showed the color blue, and I took a picture, the picture would not be blue, even though it might look like that on my broken display. Because the picture is not dependent on the display. It has nothing to do with the display.

    The vast majority of pictures do not remain on your phone...they are e-mailed to friends and family or uploaded to dropbox or whatever. Eventually you will get a new phone and move your pictures then if nothing else.

    If you honestly want to compare picture quality, you do it on the same display. Otherwise you are doing an apples and oranges comparison.
    The white balance on the Rezound's camera is on the yellow side. The pics you posted taken in the Verizon store, and your at home panorama confirm the tint even on my computer. No monitor alone corrects that. PhotoShop can however.

    The sample pics in the Wirefly video also shows a heavy yellow tint, described as "warm". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVfhLIc48&feature=youtube_gdata_player The LG sample pic shows a neutral white balance. That is about all that can be taken from the comparison, as the lighting conditions are terrible and the two cameras where not snapped from the same spot.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Last edited by t35rk; 02-05-2012 at 09:29 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Member #
    63406
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    924
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    The white balance on the Rezound's camera is on the yellow side. The pics you posted taken in the Verizon store, and your at home panorama confirm the tint even on my computer.
    So you have confirmed that the yellow tint is present only in those pics, taken in a store with yellowish lighting. Not on all Rezound pics in general.

    Here are engadget's pics...do you see a yellow tint in these? - HTC Rezound sample shots - Engadget Galleries - and some more - HTC Rezound testshots and videos - a set on Flickr - and more - HTC Rezound Review – Verizon – Droid Life - I am not seeing a yellow tint in those.
  5. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    So you have confirmed that the yellow tint is present only in those pics, taken in a store with yellowish lighting. Not on all Rezound pics in general.

    Here are engadget's pics...do you see a yellow tint in these? - HTC Rezound sample shots - Engadget Galleries - and some more - HTC Rezound testshots and videos - a set on Flickr - and more - HTC Rezound Review Verizon Droid Life - I am not seeing a yellow tint in those.
    I see yellowish chrome in the subway car and yellowish walls in the hotel hallway to name a couple. The Rezound's white balance gives pictures a "warm" appearance, no matter the monitor you view it on. That is doesn't mean its always a bad thing, it's just different than the LG camera.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Member #
    63406
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    924
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    #66
    You are seeing stuff that all these reviewers are not. Maybe you are right and everyone else is wrong. You should become a reviewer.
  7. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by digi-head View Post
    Sorry, but you can't tell me ANY screen is "way better" than the Rezound. It's absolutely georgeous. I'm looking at a white background right now, and it's white, not pink. It's unbelievably sharp, it's got very deep blacks, and it's plenty bright. I'm coming from a Bionic and this screen absolutely destroys that one. I'm not sure how you could have such an opinion about the Rezound screen if you've never owned one. I'm sure the LG has a very nice screen, but no way it's "way better".

    And I'm telling you from experience, the camera is ridiculous. But you don't have to take my word for it, just look at the reviews.
    The Rezound's screen is very good but is topped by even the lcd screen that is on my original Incredible imo. Much blacker blacks, brighter, more natural looking flesh tones on videos and white backgrounds that aren't pink. Side by side with an Inc, you easily notice a pinkish background in the newer HTC. I wish I never compared in the first place. I would have had no complaints with the Rezound.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    You are seeing stuff that all these reviewers are not. Maybe you are right and everyone else is wrong. You should become a reviewer.
    The wirefly review showed side by side pics. You can easily see the difference in white balance. The reviewer called the rezound picture "warm" and has been consistent with the rezound pics you took and posted, and the pics I have taken. I don't know why you say you can't see it?

    The camera segment is 5 minutes in. Brutal lighting conditions and the fact that he took the two pictures from different angles proves little to the overall comparison, but it easily shows the difference in white balance.

    Link doesn't work sorry. Look for rezound vs spectrum video by wirefly. The camera segment is 5 minutes in.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Last edited by t35rk; 02-05-2012 at 10:04 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Member #
    63406
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    924
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    The wirefly review showed side by side pics. You can easily see the difference in white balance. The reviewer called the rezound picture "warm" and has been consistent with the rezound pics you took and posted, and the pics I have taken. I don't know why you say you can't see it?
    It isn't just me...I have not heard it from other rezound owners or from other reviewers.
    The fact that you're the only one saying this leads me to believe it is more likely that it us just you.
  10. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    It isn't just me...I have not heard it from other rezound owners or from other reviewers.
    The fact that you're the only one saying this leads me to believe it is more likely that it us just you.
    Surely you see a difference of white balance in these two pics from cnet:

    Debating if I should buy a Rezound. Would like to get some tips and opinions.-35023866_ss1_610x458.jpgDebating if I should buy a Rezound. Would like to get some tips and opinions.-1_610x458.jpg

    Bonus points if can tell which one would be considered "warm" and is taken from the Rezound.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Debating a Bionic...
    By TheJester34 in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 08:01 PM
  2. Debating on Rooting or Not
    By CC268 in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
  3. Debating on rooting Droid.
    By droijo in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:57 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 01:36 PM

Search tags for this page

htc rezound ics
,

rezound ics

,
should i buy a rezound
,
should i get a rezound
,
should i get the rezound?
,
when does rezound get ics
,

when will htc rezound get ics

,

when will rezound get ics

,

when will the rezound get ics

,
why should i get the rezound
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+