DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Debating if I should buy a Rezound. Would like to get some tips and opinions.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    Torres22R
    Phone
    Eclipsed Bionic
    Does it even really matter??? It is nice to have the must have top of the line devices. HD or not a phone can only do so much and as stated before every device has its own strength and weaknesses. It all comes down to personal preferences. IMO.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by sr.torres22 View Post
    Does it even really matter??? It is nice to have the must have top of the line devices. HD or not a phone can only do so much and as stated before every device has its own strength and weaknesses. It all comes down to personal preferences. IMO.
    I agree completely. For some reason I just feel compelled to defend my choice when others try to say that the Gnex is such an obvious choice. But I don't mean to imply that the Rezound is "better", just that there is no clear "better" choice, just tradeoffs.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by digi-head View Post
    Attachment 46887

Good luck getting a picture like this from any other phone camera (in low light). The camera is really important to me, and one of the biggest reasons I chose the Rezound.
    That's an amazing pic!

I do love hearing all these nexus lovers talk about how their phone is far superior to the rezound. I was dead set on the nexus until I actually got to compare the two side by side, and in my opinion, the only thing the nexus had going for it was ics and the development community. But I personally don't need 50 different versions of the same ROM, give me 4 or 5 solid options and I'm fine with that.

I'm not dissing the nexus at all,I think it's an amazing phone, but there's really no way you can say that it's better then the rezound.

Besides, I haven't seen multiple threads about people having problems with and returning their rezounds, lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    Torres22R
    Phone
    Eclipsed Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by digi-head View Post
    Attachment 46887

Good luck getting a picture like this from any other phone camera (in low light). The camera is really important to me, and one of the biggest reasons I chose the Rezound.
    Awesome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Yea, at first i felt the same way. Must have ICS...then i realized. I only use my phone for texts, rarely make phone calls. Use it as an mp3 player 24/7. It would be cool to have a gnex and the guaranteed development support in the supportt, but like you said. Find a phone that best suits you well. I believe the Rezound would be a good choice for my phone usage.

If you are looking at a texting and music playing device, then a smartphone is $20/month the wrong answer. Besides iBeats is overrated. The cans aren't that great and there is no equalizer adjustment on the Rezound other than on/off. Free EQs on the market have customization ability. I recommend Audio FX Settings.

The best display in the Verizon store is on the LG Spectrum, FYI, and its not even that close.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Last edited by t35rk; 02-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    I actually played with the spectrum today. The difference is not very dramatic. It was brighter but I also saw banding in the red gradients that I didn't see on the Rezound.

It also felt cheaper. The metal frame around the front was aleady scratched up just from the display model. The two rezounds they had looked brand new.

Beats audio is overrated. But the iBeats earbuds are very cool. They sound better than the $40 phillips earbuds I was using before. And people are paying $60+ for them on eBay.
    Last edited by JeffDenver; 02-04-2012 at 03:29 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    Torres22R
    Phone
    Eclipsed Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    If you are looking at a texting and music playing device, then a smartphone is $20/month the wrong answer. Besides iBeats is overrated. The cans aren't that great and there is no equalizer adjustment on the Rezound other than on/off. Free EQs on the market have customization ability. I recommend Audio FX Settings.

The best display in the Verizon store is on the LG Spectrum, FYI, and its not even that close.

I get what you mean. I didn't realize that i completely forgot to mention the camera. Ibeats are overpriced buds. Personally, i prefer Skullcandy. Only $25 a set and decent sounding. I'm not a big fan of LG devices. Always had bad luck one way or another.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    I actually played with the spectrum today. The difference is not very dramatic. It was brighter but I also saw banding in the red gradients that I didn't see on the Rezound.

It also felt cheaper. The metal frame around the front was aleady scratched up just from the display model. The two rezounds they had looked brand new.

Beats audio is overrated. But the iBeats earbuds are very cool. They sound better than the $40 phillips earbuds I was using before. And people are paying $60+ for them on eBay.
    The screen on the LG isnt perfect, but its way better than the screen on the Rezound. Sharper, lighter, bigger, less pink , blacker and with GorillaGlass. I'm sure I forgot some things.

I'd put a case on the Spectrum.

The buds are fine, but any power user should already have a comparable if not better set. They would also download a customizable EQ.

The Rezound is no better than any other Android device for a music lover.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    I saw it today...the Rezound did not look pinker to me. The only difference I saw was that it is brighter. And the banding in some gradients.

The earbuds on the Rezound kill anything else you will see included on any other phone. And if you don't want them, you can sell them. So it is like getting a $50 rebate check.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I get what you mean. I didn't realize that i completely forgot to mention the camera. Ibeats are overpriced buds. Personally, i prefer Skullcandy. Only $25 a set and decent sounding. I'm not a big fan of LG devices. Always had bad luck one way or another.

If you test the LG camera and the HTC camera side by side in a Verizon store, I almost guarantee you will prefer the results on the LG.
    The LG adjusts white balance way better than the Rezound, and the results are sharper and more zoomed in.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links