DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Debating if I should buy a Rezound. Would like to get some tips and opinions.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You said its a plus but you don't care about it?? I'm not saying ICS is the greatest thing in the world but its one of the main reasons I got the gnex plus the support it will receive. Just pick the phone that has the best things you like. JMO I honestly dont know why anyone would choose the rezound over the maxx or gnex at this point. Good luck though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    GNEX
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide55 View Post
    The biggest difference is ICS between the top 3 phones
    I disagree...ICS is the least of it. They will all get ICS eventually. Even many of last years phones will get it.

I dont think the hardware of all three phones is the same...they are certainly comparable, but none of them are the best or like the others. They all have strengths and weaknesses different from each other.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    @ JeffDenver Well I disagree but you have your opinion and I have mine. Good luck with your choice OP

GNEX
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    Torres22R
    Phone
    Eclipsed Bionic
    You said its a plus but you don't care about it?? I'm not saying ICS is the greatest thing in the world but its one of the main reasons I got the gnex plus the support it will receive. Just pick the phone that has the best things you like. JMO I honestly dont know why anyone would choose the rezound over the maxx or gnex at this point. Good luck though!

Yea, at first i felt the same way. Must have ICS...then i realized. I only use my phone for texts, rarely make phone calls. Use it as an mp3 player 24/7. It would be cool to have a gnex and the guaranteed development support in the supportt, but like you said. Find a phone that best suits you well. I believe the Rezound would be a good choice for my phone usage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I honestly dont know why anyone would choose the rezound over the maxx or gnex at this point. Good luck though!
    I chose the Rezound over the Gnex because I think it's a better phone. On top of that, it's $100 cheaper right now, and comes with a $99 set of earbuds (which are probably "worth" about $40, but still). I think the Rezound either ties or wins in almost every category. CPU and RAM are a wash. The screen resolution is the same. The Gnex has a slightly better screen, but it's almost an imperceptible difference. The camera on the Rezound is the best there is on a phone, period. And I'm running ICS (Senseless 2.0). I can see why people would go with the Gnex, but it's in no way a "hands down" type of thing.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by digi-head View Post
    I chose the Rezound over the Gnex because I think it's a better phone. On top of that, it's $100 cheaper right now, and comes with a $99 set of earbuds (which are probably "worth" about $40, but still). I think the Rezound either ties or wins in almost every category. CPU and RAM are a wash. The screen resolution is the same. The Gnex has a slightly better screen, but it's almost an imperceptible difference. The camera on the Rezound is the best there is on a phone, period. And I'm running ICS (Senseless 2.0). I can see why people would go with the Gnex, but it's in no way a "hands down" type of thing.
    The Galaxy Nexus does not have a better screen...it is subject to ghosting and burn in which the Super LCD screen on the Rezound is not. The Rezound also has better color reproduction. The only thing better on the Galaxy Nexus screen is that it has deeper blacks.

I agree about the earbuds...I would not pay $100 for these. But they do sound a little better than the $40 Phillips earbuds I had before (the bass sounds better). I'm a graphics guy though, not an audio guy. Audiophiles I know swear that there is a huge difference, heh heh.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Gnex has a way better screen. A lot of people don't understand technology. In order to tell the difference between the two screens you have to be watching something with HD output. Yea I'm sure the app drawer and messaging screens look the same. Watch YouTube HD on both and there is a big difference. Gnex is considerably better while viewing HD content. If you don't view HD content then I guess it doesn't matter

GNEX
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Are you aware that Google dropped the Gnex from it's list as a developer phone yesterday?

Google clarifies why CDMA Galaxy Nexus isn't supported as developer device
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Gnex has a way better screen. A lot of people don't understand technology. In order to tell the difference between the two screens you have to be watching something with HD output.
    LOL! No you dont. Its a computer, not a TV. You use it for a lot more than watching videos. In fact, MOST of the time you are using the phone you are not looking at videos. And ghosting and burn in do affect the visuals on other stuff. This isnt something I invented...check out this thread on it - screen ghosting/burn in - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Yea I'm sure the app drawer and messaging screens look the same. Watch YouTube HD on both and there is a big difference.
    Already did that. IMO, no, it is not better. It doesnt suck, but it is not better.

Granted it is nit picking. Both screens are great. But I do not agree at all that the Galaxy Nexus screen is necessarily better. It just has different strengths and weaknesses. Which is better will depend on how much you care about the strengths and weaknesses on each display.

Gnex is considerably better while viewing HD content. If you don't view HD content then I guess it doesn't matter
    I dont agree that it is better viewing HD content either.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Have you ever viewed HD side by side. Don't think you have cause there is a big difference. I don't care what an article says. I've owned both at the same time and played HD side by side. Gnex wins hands down. And yea I mainly watch videos and game on my phone

GNEX
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links