DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: htc vs. motorola?

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFFALOMADMAN View Post
    Moto for me.. I bought my girlfriend the incredible around christmas and I dont know sense is overrated. As for being locked down I have the og droid which I can root and do anything with and I also have the droid x and still can do the same things as my og droid so I really don't know what is being locked down
    AOSP aka MIUI/Cyanogenmod
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I just switched back to AT&T (flame on) so I could snag the HTC Inspire coming from a Droid. Wanted a DX but after reading all the problems people were having with the device, IE: slow UI (not unlike the stock Droid), flimsy homescreen buttons, locked bootloader, etc. I just decided to switch to HTC & man I'm never going to back to a Motorola. The Sense UI is beyond belief, totally lag free home screen & it's fast right out of the box. Just scored 1836 & 1854 right out of the box on Quandrant, some will say Quadrant scores mean nothing, yet alot of people on here seem to use it to set a standard on how fast a phone should be. I've read that some users have OCed the Inspire & getting anywhere between 2700 & 3600 on Quadrant! Rooting takes some steps on this phone but still can be done with little hassle.

Nothing bad to say about HTC phones so far, at least its still using Android so I feel I haven't totally abandoned the Android community.
    Last edited by mthorn79; 03-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    ---Razr---
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    A switch to AT&T and the Inspire is becoming a possibility for me, as my frustration grows with Verizon over this debacle called the Thunderbolt.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    A switch to AT&T and the Inspire is becoming a possibility for me, as my frustration grows with Verizon over this debacle called the Thunderbolt.

-Mike
    I was also interested in the Thunderbolt, but its not available now & I guess I'm sort of impatient. Plus I was the rebel of the family having Verizon when everyone else had AT&T so it only made sense to switch back. Plus Verizon's customer service wasn't really up to par, at least from my experiences with them.

The Inspire was slightly bigger screen area wise than the Thunderbolt, thats why I chose it, besides the $99 price tag which I doubt Verizon will be able to do with the Thunderbolt's release.

All in all, I guess it doesn't really matter what HTC phone you get as long as it has the Sense UI, you won't be disappointed.
    ---Razr---
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mthorn79 View Post

-Mike
    I was also interested in the Thunderbolt, but its not available now & I guess I'm sort of impatient. Plus I was the rebel of the family having Verizon when everyone else had AT&T so it only made sense to switch back. Plus Verizon's customer service wasn't really up to par, at least from my experiences with them.

The Inspire was slightly bigger screen area wise than the Thunderbolt, thats why I chose it, besides the $99 price tag which I doubt Verizon will be able to do with the Thunderbolt's release.

All in all, I guess it doesn't really matter what HTC phone you get as long as it has the Sense UI, you won't be disappointed.

The price for the phone, right now on Amazon, is $59, not $99.00

-Mike

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    AT&T SGS2
    I just switched back to AT&T (flame on) so I could snag the HTC Inspire coming from a Droid. Wanted a DX but after reading all the problems people were having with the device, IE: slow UI (not unlike the stock Droid), flimsy homescreen buttons, locked bootloader, etc. I just decided to switch to HTC & man I'm never going to back to a Motorola. The Sense UI is beyond belief, totally lag free home screen & it's fast right out of the box. Just scored 1836 & 1854 right out of the box on Quandrant, some will say Quadrant scores mean nothing, yet alot of people on here seem to use it to set a standard on how fast a phone should be. I've read that some users have OCed the Inspire & getting anywhere between 2700 & 3600 on Quadrant! Rooting takes some steps on this phone but still can be done with little hassle.

Nothing bad to say about HTC phones so far, at least its still using Android so I feel I haven't totally abandoned the Android community.

I was not an AT&T fan until looking things over this weekend. I went from Verizon(Horrible Customer Service Issue) to T-Mobile in October. However since January 1, I no longer have Data coverage at my Home. According to AT&T map I am full on 3G with HSPA+ coming.

Given the look to going to AT&T I am in the HTC or Motorola boat. I had the Droid X and rooted it. The lack of full on Custom rom(IE Virtious, Enomther or CYA) was annoying. Moving to T-Mo I got the G2. I have it fully rooted and Engineer SPL unlocked(Makes hard to Brick).

I was amazed at the operation of the Atrix but $199.99 bothers me. I can easily do the full on custom option to the Inspire.

In the end, as long as Motorola plays the locked bootloader game it will likely dis-way me from the device.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

-Mike

-Mike
    Funny you mentioned Amazon, I was just about to order it from Amazon but I clicked on their purchase policy which is very similar to Wirefly...Amazon's Instant Discount states:

When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.

So if I happen to be late even ONCE during that 181 day period I'm screwed. I'll pay $30 more than to risk it, you know?
    ---Razr---
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I was amazed at the operation of the Atrix but $199.99 bothers me.[/QUOTE]

I also read a little reviews on the Atrix, alot of people were switching to the Inspire just because of the dreaded lagging of the home screen of that fangled Motorola UI, plus the screen size was alot larger than the Atrix. I think the Atrix has been really hyped-up & the people that have the phone in hand are realizing it the hard way.

Only pluses I see to the Atrix is that hey have more accessories like the docking station which HTC doesn't have for the Inspire (I was spoiled by that with my Droid)
    ---Razr---
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    [quote=mthorn79;1350368]

{Snip}

-Mike
    Funny you mentioned Amazon, I was just about to order it from Amazon but I clicked on their purchase policy which is very similar to Wirefly...Amazon's Instant Discount states:

When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.

So if I happen to be late even ONCE during that 181 day period I'm screwed. I'll pay $30 more than to risk it, you know?
    That's a good point! But then, I'm still making up my mind...

-Mike

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    [quote=UltraDroid;1350427]

That's a good point! But then, I'm still making up my mind...

-Mike
    Well good luck on your decision, I'm glad I made the switch, had to pay a bit to get out of contract but its well worth it.
    ---Razr---
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links