DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Deal for Android tablet

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Deal for Android tablet

I want to have a tablet for a while. I don't want to spend too much to pick up some hot to show off(like galaxy). Search online, check email and keep contact with friends would be fine for me. So, a bargain would be great. Found one, looks pretty much cool!
    The Cheapest and Most Stable Android 2.0 Tablet

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Looks to me that its nothing but a chinese knock off of the ipad running android. I would personally save my money and wait.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    wow...that looks terrible. you will hate yourself for getting a resistive screen on a tablet (no pinch to zoom, plus not very accurate) and to add to the bad screen, it is ony 480x800 which wont look that great on a 7" screen.

now i may be partial to this, but IMO, the BEST android tablet you can get today for the price is a Barns and Noble Nook Color....sounds funny, but it runs android 2.1, has a capacitive IPS screen, with great resolution, super easy to root and get the market and all the apps on it. it just got a custom recovery, and an overclock kernel. $250 gets you everything the galaxy tab has. this is currently what i am using as my tablet, and it really is more than i could ask for. once custom ROM's come out for this thing, it will be running FROYO or possible gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb after a while. the only thing it is missing is cameras.

with electronics, you get what you pay for. stay away from Resistive screens, and try to stay with at least a 720P screen....and keep with a higher processor speed. that thing is going to be SLOW, no matter how you look at it. and you are going to have problems on top of problems. pay a little more, and you will be happy.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I think the moto xoom will be the best bet.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the heads up on the nook
    Oh God The Voices....

SENT FROM THE
    DOG
    POUND..
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Z DROID X, (not so) Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    wow...that looks terrible. you will hate yourself for getting a resistive screen on a tablet (no pinch to zoom, plus not very accurate) and to add to the bad screen, it is ony 480x800 which wont look that great on a 7" screen.

now i may be partial to this, but IMO, the BEST android tablet you can get today for the price is a Barns and Noble Nook Color....sounds funny, but it runs android 2.1, has a capacitive IPS screen, with great resolution, super easy to root and get the market and all the apps on it. it just got a custom recovery, and an overclock kernel. $250 gets you everything the galaxy tab has. this is currently what i am using as my tablet, and it really is more than i could ask for. once custom ROM's come out for this thing, it will be running FROYO or possible gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb after a while. the only thing it is missing is cameras.

with electronics, you get what you pay for. stay away from Resistive screens, and try to stay with at least a 720P screen....and keep with a higher processor speed. that thing is going to be SLOW, no matter how you look at it. and you are going to have problems on top of problems. pay a little more, and you will be happy.
    Hmm intersting never even thought of the nook as being a tablet or rooted just a colored e reader..Thanks for that bit of info..
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Archos makes great tabs, great price, too.
    I have the Archos 70 internet tablet w/ a 250 hard drive, it runs latest firmware of android 2.2.1, the only downsides are 256 megs RAM, no internal gps and I had to apply a google market hack to get it working on the google market (but no root on latest firmware).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    wow, how to say... lol...

Links