Still, I'd like some things to change.
1) Better searches, of course.
2) More detailed descriptions of the apps. Half the time I'm not sure what the app does, even after reading the description. And often enough there are no links to the developer's page, and the pages are often useless when there are.
3) Bigger screen shots. Of course that would mean the Market would have to directly support, if not supply, a webside store.
4) Moving widgets, and themes to their own categories, or sub categories. Maybe that way an app would have half a chance of being in the first couple pages of a search result.
5) A free programable robot that looks like the Android trademark and can prepare, transport, and deliver hot or cold beverages.
Ok, I'll let 5 slide for now. But I don't think the rest are too much to wish for.
As for available apps, time will either fix that or not. If it's still a significant problem a year from now I'll be surprised. At that point people will have switched to complaining about how few Android Tablet apps are available, and the answer will be the same. Some things take time.