DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DVD Catalyst

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorala droid
    where do I put my converted dvd file on my Droid? I just monted it to the computer for the first time, wow, there is a lot of folders and files.
  2. dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrode View Post
    where do I put my converted dvd file on my Droid? I just monted it to the computer for the first time, wow, there is a lot of folders and files.
    This should help.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFire View Post
    I just created a folder called Videos and dragged and dropped my compressed movies in there. The Droid finds them and they are listed in the Gallery.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    You are correct...it is a burned DVD. However it was burned with a DVD burner/VHS Player I have. I recorded a concert to my DVR and transferred it to DVD using this recorder. I will try another store bought DVD tomorrow. Thanks for the help
  4. dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    You are correct...it is a burned DVD. However it was burned with a DVD burner/VHS Player I have. I recorded a concert to my DVR and transferred it to DVD using this recorder. I will try another store bought DVD tomorrow. Thanks for the help
    I've been trying to get my hands on DVDs burned through standalone DVD burners for years. JVC in particular, since I had a few people mention something about those not always working correctly.
    I have asked computer/TV stores for sample burns, even if they are just a few minutes, but never successful.
    It easy for me to get commercial DVDs, I just pick them up or rent them as needed, but for burned ones, it's quite hard. Burning software usually has trial versions which enables me to try a few, see what I run into so I can take care of it, but with the stand-alone ones, its near impossible for me.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorala droid
    ok, I got the video on the Droid, and have it playing, it's in normal format, not wide screen. Is there a way to fill the screen with it. It's origanl format was full screen not, wide.

Also should I just use the movie player or should I download a better app, like Act 1?

Thanks for all the help
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Anyone here try Handbrake? I'm curious as to how it compares to Catalyst.
  7. dvdcatalyst
    ok, I got the video on the Droid, and have it playing, it's in normal format, not wide screen. Is there a way to fill the screen with it. It's origanl format was full screen not, wide.
    http://tinyurl.com/ybqvpxk

Also should I just use the movie player or should I download a better app, like Act 1?

Thanks for all the help
    The default player does not show titles, Act 1 has been brought up as the best one to use by some people. They have a trial version as well.
  8. dvdcatalyst

handbrake

Quote Originally Posted by astevens54 View Post
    There are quite a few posts in regards of people using Handbrake, just use the search at the top right, and you will find most of them.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've tried handbrake, Gom encoder, DVD Catalyst 3 and AVS Video Converter. Hands down...DVD Catalyst is my choice! I have had some issues with ISO's on my computer not wanting to encode but the same issues were present with the other apps as well. DVD Catalyst is quick, very easy to setup, produces a very good output file and you can't beat the support given in this forum. Not to mention...the price is VERY easy on the wallet
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by astevens54 View Post

Tried HandBrake, both the old and new versions. No matter what my settings were...even if they were very low settings (picture blurry) I would experience a very noticeable audio and video lag.

DVD Catalyst is my choice by far. The first week I got my Droid I tried about 12 different free programs for video. All of them were not to my expectations, decided to try DVD Catalyst and I am more than happy. Plus this is the first software program I have actually been able to get a hold of the developer and ask questions.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Links