DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: controlling music from droid in car

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

controlling music from droid in car

i've been looking around the internet for a while now and i haven't been able to find any solutions, so if this has been asked already, forgive me haha.

so i have a droid and i love using it to play music in my car while i'm driving. right now i just use a cassette player since i do not have an aux port. i have a 1998 honda accord. it really bothers me that to change songs, i have to pick up the droid itself and control the music from it. not the best idea while you are driving. is there any way to easily and safely control music on your droid in the car? like some kind of bluetooth remote control or i don't know, like will i need a bluetooth compatible stereo?

please post any suggestions!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    i would suggest a cd player with a usb input (most kenwoods are compatible). i charge my phone while listening to the music thats on the sd card. if you check out ebay/amazon etc.. you can find one for under $200. the tracks change on the cd player just like changing tracks on a cd.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by nooge3491 View Post
    i've been looking around the internet for a while now and i haven't been able to find any solutions, so if this has been asked already, forgive me haha.

so i have a droid and i love using it to play music in my car while i'm driving. right now i just use a cassette player since i do not have an aux port. i have a 1998 honda accord. it really bothers me that to change songs, i have to pick up the droid itself and control the music from it. not the best idea while you are driving. is there any way to easily and safely control music on your droid in the car? like some kind of bluetooth remote control or i don't know, like will i need a bluetooth compatible stereo?

I have a cd deck that has both a USB port so I can charge my Droid via USB and also an AUX port so i can plug that into the 3.5mm jack on the Droid so i get to play music directly from the Droid and also charge it at the same time. The only hangup if it matters to u is having both wires hanging around and that can get a lil annoying.. My deck also has bluetooth capability so maybe i can try to play it that way but i havent messed with that yet.

hope this helps
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drizzy!
    I have been searching on this for a while too.

Are there any options beyond swapping out my deck?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Here is what my friends and I used to do. My friend has an mp3 jack and we would hook up my bluetooth dog tag to it and voila! A blueooth remote. It has the microphone on the dogtag itself and you can play, pause, forward, back, answer a call with stereo, and even fast forward or rewind with certain phones. So in your case the mp3 jack is the cassette adapter. Look on ebay for it. SO WORTH IT! They just discontinjed with verizon unfortunately.

Another possibility for you is to invest in an fm bluetooth transmitter like the motorola ROKR (T505) or the jabra one. They have play, pause, forward and back capabilities on the device while transmitting through fm to your radio. I loved my rokr.

Last edited by summerfish; 12-27-2009 at 01:17 PM.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    i actually did order one of those from ebay! about a week ago. im happy that you were happy with it. still waiting for it to come, cant wait...its being shipped from like china lol
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Just a small hijack... I Google Goggled the pic 2 posts above to get more info on the item. The Droid took me straight to the Jabra BT3030 website and lots of reviews. Droid Does.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have a Pioneer P4100DVD headunit with Bluetooth. It plays wonderfully over BT and has deck control over whatever music app I am using, including Pandora! Now they just need to update and allow it to send info on the screen.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Mot motorokr t505

I just bought the Motorola MOTOROKR at Best Buy and am really pleased. Bluetooth hands free calling and FM transmitter for playing music over car audio system.

Works fine.

$89
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid w/Ultimate Droid 9.8
    Quote Originally Posted by nooge3491 View Post

There are a couple of solutions you can use, but by far the cheapest that will give you the best sound is a direct auxiliary input to the back of your radio. Your radio has a CD changer input which we have an adapter to convert to RCA. You can then use a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to listen to your Droid as if it were a CD changer so you get the best sound. Here's the link: Honda Auxiliary Input for 1998-2003 Radios - HON98AUX by: Precision

We do also have a Bluetooth interface that will give you hands free as well, but it is about twice the cost of what I mentioned. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you a coupon code for a discount on your order.
    Verizon + Droid = The only way to go mobile!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links