DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DVD Catalyst 3 issue

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I connected the droid. Went in and created a my movie folder. I then sent the movie to the my movie folder. When I disconnected the droid I went into my gallery and had a folder that said my movies. Inside was a square with a play button in the center of the square. There wasnt a file name. When I clicked on the box with the play icon I got the box asking if I wanted to play with meridian or with video player. I tried both and got the same "cannot play file". On my PC the movie has a file name but on the droid just a square with a play button. Does this help any? Please help me figure this out.

OK, let me ask this. Does it matter if the DVD that I converted was a copy or does it have to be an original?
    Follow me twitter.com/jigsawkilr

"When you are in hell....only the devil can help you out"

2. dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsawkilr View Post
    OK, let me ask this. Does it matter if the DVD that I converted was a copy or does it have to be an original?
    It depends what software was used to create the copy. some programs (roxio) tend to mess up the dvd structure quite a bit, which could cause problems, which is why I asked if the file plays on your computer. If it does (Quicktime or VLC) then it should work on the droid as well, if it does not, there are issues with the file.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That may be the problem. I used Roxio. Before I try another movie how can I eliminate the trailers and only get the main movie?

4. dvdcatalyst
    That may be the problem. I used Roxio. Before I try another movie how can I eliminate the trailers and only get the main movie?
    by default only tracks of 10 minutes and longer are shown, the rest is filtered out (adjustable in Global Settings) so you usually end up with just the movie. But if other tracks show up, just select the ones you do not want, and below, remove the checkmark for "enable for conversion"
  5. dvdcatalyst
    but just check and see if the file you have on your computer actualy plays on your computer. If it plays in quicktime or vlc, then it should just play fine on the Droid. If it does not play on your computer, then try a different DVD or video file.
  6. dvdcatalyst
    I forgot about this

DVD to Droid Sample Videos | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst

Download a file (or a few) using the links there, and transfer those over, just to make sure files actually play on your droid
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DVDCatalyst, YOU ROCK!!!! I tried it again with a different movie. This time an original film. Worked GREAT! Full screen, beautiful picture and the audio is in sync. Could not be happier. I will definitely be buying the full version. The only thing is that on my Droid the video still has no label. This will be a problem when I get several movies on here. Great software. I WILL be recommending this to all my friends. Simple to use, again great picture. I am very happy. Thank you so much for all your help. I am still amazed at how fast you responded to my questions. Thanks again. I will be in touch.

8. dvdcatalyst

Thumbs up

DVDCatalyst, YOU ROCK!!!!
    YAY, glad its working for you now.
    Can I use that as my signature on these forums?

As for the naming, I have no idea. I dont have a Droid myself (My "Gadget" shelf is ful as it is already ) so I have to ask around a bit.

But glad to be of help. I was waiting to hear from you, before I get me some ZZZZ's.

I'll let you know when I find out something about the naming part.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The default video gallery DOES NOT display the movie titles....all you will see is a thumbnail.

There IS an app in the market by Jeff Hamilton called "Video Player"....this WILL display the movie title and the size of the movie. There is also another app called "Cinema" this will show all folders on your SD card such as pictures, music, video etc. Unfortunately it will not display all the other media...unless it's a video. but that app does display the movie title and format type.

My personal opinion, if you want to scroll through a list that displays what videos are on your SD card; go with "Video Player"...BTW....it's free!

Give me a minute and I'll post a couple screenshots.

Last edited by JTAC; 12-08-2009 at 12:29 AM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DVDcatalyst, feel free to use it. I Have never used software so simple and easy.

Thanks JTac. I will install both and give them a try. I really didn't think I would be able to name the file in the droid since you can't name pics either. Just need someway to tell which movie is which. After I get all 6 SAW films on here I need to be able to watch them in order!..lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links