DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Question about Droid in car music streaming.

  1. Droid Newbie
    mindwerks's Avatar
    Member #
    87575
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Question Question about Droid in car music streaming.

    Hey guys, I am looking to switch from apple to droid X this weekend and was looking at the available options for accessories for car docks and music streaming but really didn't notice much available.

    I was hoping the car dock had some sort of fm transmitter or auxilary connection but it does not appear to have anything like that.

    My current (theoretical) solution was to buy a Kenwood KIV-700 radio with a Blue tooth module then use the motorola car dock to hold and charge the phone and stream music via Bluetooth (or optionally the usb if it offers some cool functionality).

    I guess my question would be for the existing droid users, do droid phones stream music pretty well? Have a better (or cheaper) option for hooking up droids to the car radio?

    How did other people set theirs up? I'm just wondering if this will all work like I hope it will... before spending all the money. I realize the droid x in particular hasn't been released yet, but I'm thinking the incredible and evo are close enough for government work and may give me some insite on what to avoid.
  2. Senior Droid
    gujupmp88's Avatar
    Member #
    32438
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    136
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    well, i use 2 different ways. one of my cars has a auxiliary input(3.5mm jack) which i use to hook up to the car, and that works perfectly.

    the other car doesn't have an aux input, so i use this Amazon.com: Motorola T505 ROKR Bluetooth In Car Speaker Phone with Digital FM Transmitter:…. it is a bluetooth speaker phone with an fm transmitter so the music plays through the car speakers.
  3. Senior Droid
    noisufnoc's Avatar
    Member #
    11221
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #3
    I use a Kenwood deck with BT Audio, works really well.
  4. Droid
    kastj's Avatar
    Member #
    8655
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    I use a pioneer headunit with an aux port. I wouldn't recommend an FM transmitter because sound quality is horrible with those.
  5. Droid Newbie
    mindwerks's Avatar
    Member #
    87575
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by noisufnoc View Post
    I use a Kenwood deck with BT Audio, works really well.
    Really? Out of curiousity does the bluetooth connectivitiy allow you to control the playlist (ff, rew, stop, pause) from the the radio controls and remote.

    Not a deal breaker if it doesn't, would be just really really cool if it did.
  6. Droid Newbie
    mindwerks's Avatar
    Member #
    87575
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gujupmp88 View Post
    well, i use 2 different ways. one of my cars has a auxiliary input(3.5mm jack) which i use to hook up to the car, and that works perfectly.

    the other car doesn't have an aux input, so i use this Amazon.com: Motorola T505 ROKR Bluetooth In Car Speaker Phone with Digital FM Transmitter:. it is a bluetooth speaker phone with an fm transmitter so the music plays through the car speakers.
    I saw that motorola, that was my first consideration before I started thinking about a new radio with bluetooth. My only problem with it was that I only have one power jack... so I'd be able to charge my phone or the Blue tooth device, but not both. That could get a little awkward for long trips juggling the power from one to the other or for frequent use.

    I'm hoping to get a little better quality of sound through the bluetooth as well, maybe get rid of the FM radio hiss and a little better volume (FM transmitters seem to be quiter then normal radio and cd's from my experience)
  7. Senior Droid
    WVOz1970's Avatar
    Member #
    50777
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    106
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    I use a Dual head unit with BT audio. Works great for audio streaming. Actually better than trying to plug in from the Droid's headphone jack, because if I'm charging, my cigarette lighter is not grounded well and I get a hum on the radio. BT stream takes care of that.

    I don't know if the deck can control audio playback or not... haven't looked or tried. My Droid sits within easy reach, so I just use the touch screen.
  8. Senior Droid
    WVOz1970's Avatar
    Member #
    50777
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    106
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mindwerks View Post
    I saw that motorola, that was my first consideration before I started thinking about a new radio with bluetooth. My only problem with it was that I only have one power jack... so I'd be able to charge my phone or the Blue tooth device, but not both. That could get a little awkward for long trips juggling the power from one to the other or for frequent use.

    I'm hoping to get a little better quality of sound through the bluetooth as well, maybe get rid of the FM radio hiss and a little better volume (FM transmitters seem to be quiter then normal radio and cd's from my experience)
    I spent a few $$ at Radio Shack and bought a splitter that gives me two cigarette lighter ports and one USB. Works fine going into the single jack, as neither of my devices (Droid charger and XM radio power) pull near enough juice do cause problems.
  9. Droid
    DeadlyAP1's Avatar
    Member #
    81471
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 2, GNex
    #9
    When considering which bluetooth capable deck to buy, make sure it can support one of the following BT profiles:

    A2DP: Stream music from device (must control music on device for pause/start, fwd/rev)

    AVRCP: Stream music from device AND control pause/start, fwd/rev from head unit.

    So, if you would like to control the droid's music from the head unit, go for one that supports AVRCP. If you don't care or would rather use the droid's screen to control the music, go for A2DP. Most of the head units I have seen that support AVRCP also support A2DP.
  10. Senior Droid
    WVOz1970's Avatar
    Member #
    50777
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    106
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAP1 View Post
    When considering which bluetooth capable deck to buy, make sure it can support one of the following BT profiles:

    A2DP: Stream music from device (must control music on device for pause/start, fwd/rev)

    AVRCP: Stream music from device AND control pause/start, fwd/rev from head unit.

    So, if you would like to control the droid's music from the head unit, go for one that supports AVRCP. If you don't care or would rather use the droid's screen to control the music, go for A2DP. Most of the head units I have seen that support AVRCP also support A2DP.
    Just looked up the specs on mine. The Dual XDH7714 supports A2DP profile.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Streaming music Droid and Avic f90bt
    By BluStang05 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
  2. Streaming music from Motorola Droid
    By ronniea in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
  3. Streaming music from Droid to P/C
    By ronniea in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 07:00 AM
  4. streaming music from Droid to PC
    By ronniea in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 11:31 AM
  5. Streaming Music over Bluetooth
    By Milehighjc in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Search tags for this page

avic bt900 usb galaxy
,
how to stream to a kiv-bt900
,

kenwood kiv-bt900 android

,
kiv bt900 android
,
kiv bt900 bluetooth stream
,

kiv-bt900 android

,

kiv-bt900 bluetooth audio streaming

,

kiv-bt900 droid

,
kiv-bt900 s3 compatible
,
stream music from droid charge to car radio
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+