DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: youtube

  1. Master Droid
    sillyrabbitt123's Avatar
    Member #
    10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    892
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    youtube

    Youtube videos will not play if i get a youtube link in an email should it be able to play? or if i go to youtube.com through the browser should it work? or only through the included app?

    Thank you.
  2. Senior Droid
    ThePhoneGuy's Avatar
    Member #
    1361
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    120
    Phone
    The DROID
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    Youtube videos will not play if i get a youtube link in an email should it be able to play? or if i go to youtube.com through the browser should it work? or only through the included app?

    Thank you.
    Once you receive the email, just press the high-lighted link, you should get a window with the option to open it in the browser or Youtube, i did both with no problem.
  3. Master Droid
    sillyrabbitt123's Avatar
    Member #
    10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    892
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoneGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    Youtube videos will not play if i get a youtube link in an email should it be able to play? or if i go to youtube.com through the browser should it work? or only through the included app?

    Thank you.
    Once you receive the email, just press the high-lighted link, you should get a window with the option to open it in the browser or Youtube, i did both with no problem.
    I get "video can not be displayed" when i click on choose youtube and when i click choose browser i get a list of videos and the top one says not availalve on mobile.

    what am I doing wrong
  4. Senior Droid
    ThePhoneGuy's Avatar
    Member #
    1361
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    120
    Phone
    The DROID
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoneGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    Youtube videos will not play if i get a youtube link in an email should it be able to play? or if i go to youtube.com through the browser should it work? or only through the included app?

    Thank you.
    Once you receive the email, just press the high-lighted link, you should get a window with the option to open it in the browser or Youtube, i did both with no problem.
    I get "video can not be displayed" when i click on choose youtube and when i click choose browser i get a list of videos and the top one says not availalve on mobile.

    what am I doing wrong

    then i don't think your doing anything wrong, it may be the video, try sending yourself a different video link and see what happens. But before you do anything check your setting in main menu. send yourself the video link that doesn't open to or within your own PC/email to see if it works, just re-trace your steps, link address, video, and settings on the DROID.
  5. Master Droid
    sillyrabbitt123's Avatar
    Member #
    10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    892
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    Weird I guess it was that video for some reason it wont play. I sent my self others and clicked the link and they played. Maybe some dont work on a mobile phone?

    thanks
  6. Master Droid
    sillyrabbitt123's Avatar
    Member #
    10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    892
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Nope I sent another one just to test and it didnt work. Does this work for anyone? Browser or YT App it wont play?????
    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06M-dsQf3Q"

    Take out the quotes first
    Last edited by sillyrabbitt123; 11-30-2009 at 07:14 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    ThePhoneGuy's Avatar
    Member #
    1361
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    120
    Phone
    The DROID
    #7
    after hitting the link (attached to GMAIL) it states NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE
  8. Master Droid
    sillyrabbitt123's Avatar
    Member #
    10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    892
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    I guess what makes some YT vids avail and others not? Is that why the app is on board because what you get from the app is ALL available i guess?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Youtube
    By Tadas T in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 04:59 PM
  2. youtube question
    By metalmenance in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM
  3. Youtube Question?
    By mcattack44 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 08:32 AM
  4. youtube problem
    By appirishmen in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
  5. Why do Youtube videos look so bad?
    By dafortune in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 04:25 PM

Search tags for this page

adriod tablet bootloader
,
android music player fast forward
,
facebook linked youtube videos will not play droid
,
forward email to group android
,
gmail and you tube will not link on droid
,

how to link gmail to youtube on android

,
how to unlock a maylong tablet
,
how to unlock pandigital android tablet
,
motorola cliq wont play youtube video
,

youtube

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+