DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: I found a good video converter for the Droid...

  1. Master Droid
    tc1's Avatar
    Member #
    3042
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    586
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Thumbs up I found a good video converter for the Droid...

    Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst

    DVD Catalyst....best one I have found so far..and I have tried a lot of them.

    Settings I use...

    Apple
    Iphone HQ
    848 x 480(closest preset to the Droid)
    Left everything else default

    I haven't messed with the other presets or settings...I'm sure it can be tweaked further.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    Stigy's Avatar
    Member #
    745
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,084
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    What does this program do that Handbrake doesn't do?

    I have been using Handbrake to convert videos and they come out just fine.

    I guess its better to have tons of options though so thanks for the info!
  4. Master Droid
    tc1's Avatar
    Member #
    3042
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    586
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    I only briefly tried Handbrake... didn't like it...too many options for me...too easy to mess up..for me anyway.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Stigy's Avatar
    Member #
    745
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,084
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    I only briefly tried Handbrake... didn't like it...too many options for me...too easy to mess up..for me anyway.
    It does have a TON of options, but I guess that is why I like it.

    I used it to convert TONS of stuff for my AppleTV and all the options really helped when perfecting my AppleTV profile for my server and my needs.

    Going to check out this other program tonight.
  6. Master Droid
    tc1's Avatar
    Member #
    3042
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    586
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    I used to use it all the time back in my wimo days.

    It is only 10 bucks on sale right now.

    I think they have a free version too.
  7. Junior Droid
    Anthony Vu's Avatar
    Member #
    2894
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst

    DVD Catalyst....best one I have found so far..and I have tried a lot of them.

    Settings I use...

    Apple
    Iphone HQ
    848 x 480(closest preset to the Droid)
    Left everything else default

    I haven't messed with the other presets or settings...I'm sure it can be tweaked further.
    What's the frame rate you are using and the bitrate that's is standard for those settings?

    I'm find it hard to believe that the iPhone HQ settings will yield smooth playback on the Droid.

    I've tried tons of combinations today to get the thing to playback smoothly at a high resolution, but failed.

    anything greater than 720x423 at 15fps yields choppy footage. It's not smooth flowing.
  8. Master Droid
    tc1's Avatar
    Member #
    3042
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    586
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Vu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst

    DVD Catalyst....best one I have found so far..and I have tried a lot of them.

    Settings I use...

    Apple
    Iphone HQ
    848 x 480(closest preset to the Droid)
    Left everything else default

    I haven't messed with the other presets or settings...I'm sure it can be tweaked further.
    What's the frame rate you are using and the bitrate that's is standard for those settings?

    I'm find it hard to believe that the iPhone HQ settings will yield smooth playback on the Droid.

    I've tried tons of combinations today to get the thing to playback smoothly at a high resolution, but failed.

    anything greater than 720x423 at 15fps yields choppy footage. It's not smooth flowing.
    Video quality kbps 1000
    Sound quality kbps 160
    audio stereo
    frame rate 30

    watching a ripped dvd....smooth and clear...audio/video in sync.
  9. Junior Droid
    Anthony Vu's Avatar
    Member #
    2894
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Vu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst

    DVD Catalyst....best one I have found so far..and I have tried a lot of them.

    Settings I use...

    Apple
    Iphone HQ
    848 x 480(closest preset to the Droid)
    Left everything else default

    I haven't messed with the other presets or settings...I'm sure it can be tweaked further.
    What's the frame rate you are using and the bitrate that's is standard for those settings?

    I'm find it hard to believe that the iPhone HQ settings will yield smooth playback on the Droid.

    I've tried tons of combinations today to get the thing to playback smoothly at a high resolution, but failed.

    anything greater than 720x423 at 15fps yields choppy footage. It's not smooth flowing.
    Video quality kbps 1000
    Sound quality kbps 160
    audio stereo
    frame rate 30

    watching a ripped dvd....smooth and clear...audio/video in sync.

    thank you!

    Looks like I've been encoding everything too high an audio rate.
  10. Master Droid
    tc1's Avatar
    Member #
    3042
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    586
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Vu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Vu View Post

    What's the frame rate you are using and the bitrate that's is standard for those settings?

    I'm find it hard to believe that the iPhone HQ settings will yield smooth playback on the Droid.

    I've tried tons of combinations today to get the thing to playback smoothly at a high resolution, but failed.

    anything greater than 720x423 at 15fps yields choppy footage. It's not smooth flowing.
    Video quality kbps 1000
    Sound quality kbps 160
    audio stereo
    frame rate 30

    watching a ripped dvd....smooth and clear...audio/video in sync.

    thank you!

    Looks like I've been encoding everything too high an audio rate.

    Not a problem...actually there is a newer version... from the website....

    "Based on the specs, just select the HTC Touch HD2 profile in DVD Catalyst for great quality video on the Droid."
  11. Junior Droid
    ST6XLERS's Avatar
    Member #
    94
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    N.Va
    Posts
    14
    #10
    I downloaded this and it only lets you do 20% of the video?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Whats the best Video player you've found?
    By yearn in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 07:36 PM
  2. How do I Delete an App for good?
    By Fullenwider in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 12:36 PM
  3. vrz screen protectors are no good...because..
    By ebean in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 11:42 AM
  4. Early Adopter G1 owner, happy to have found your forum!
    By webby in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
  5. Looking for a sign.........Found it!
    By moparharn in forum Non-Android Smart Phones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Search tags for this page

android video converter
,
best android video converter
,
best video converter android
,
best video converter for android
,
droid movie converter
,

droid video converter

,
flv converter for android
,
video converter droid
,
video converter for android
,
video converter for droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+