Forgive me if I get this wrong because I've never done it.
But I just got off the phone with a high level tech and he told me how to sync music without having to pull out the memory card.
If it doesn't work, this is my disclaimer, but for those of you who are having issues, maybe this will help.
1. You must have version Windows Media Player 10 or 11.
2. No drivers are needed as the Droid uses microsofts interface "this is why it will find your music on your card regardless where you put it"
3. put in your cable and link to you computer with windows media player.
4. You will see a tiny icon at the top of the screen of the home page of the droid that looks like a memory card.
5. Near the bottom of the screen there will be a icon that says "mount".
6. Drag the memory card Icon at the top of the screen down to the Mount icon at the bottom of the screen and the sync happens.
7. It apparently syncs fast according to the tech.
Good luck.. again... I've never done this, but I wanted to write it down before I forgot.
If this sequence isn't perfect, maybe someone else will correct the differences.
P.S. this is crazy not having a manual on such a sophisticated phone.