DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I play my music thru my car radio?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

How do I play my music thru my car radio?

I'm sure this question has been asked but I've been unable to find it. I have a BMW 525 with built in bluetooth, so I already get my calls through my radio. Is there a plug in device that will also play my Droid music over the radio? I have a belkin product that does this for my Ipod but wasn't sure if there was someting for the droid. Clearly, I'm about as technically inclined as this dancing banana, so please forgive what is probably a very obvious question. Thank you, thank you! Patty
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    What year is your bmw? Another forum user and I had a conversation about this. I could stream the music on mine but he couldn't.

Outside of the radio you can add an aux input if you dont have one, or use a belkin tuner as well. They all pretty much work the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk999 View Post
    I'm sure this question has been asked but I've been unable to find it. I have a BMW 525 with built in bluetooth, so I already get my calls through my radio. Is there a plug in device that will also play my Droid music over the radio? I have a belkin product that does this for my Ipod but wasn't sure if there was someting for the droid. Clearly, I'm about as technically inclined as this dancing banana, so please forgive what is probably a very obvious question. Thank you, thank you! Patty
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    bmw is 2006. How do you 'stream" music? Otherwise, they sell aux devices similar to what I have for my Ipod for the droid?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    verison droid
    Yes there is a belkin device that you can use for any mp3 player type device that is similar to the ipod one. It sends out a radio signal to your antenna and just plugs into your ear jack. Granted its not always the best especially if your antenna is in back of your car. but it is possible. I used to have one for a mp3 player i own but never got a good signal. But you can give it a try i picked it up at the smiley store ryhmes with ala 'cart. lol Not sure on the rules of store name dropping. But basically any fm transmitter will do the trick since the audio jack on the droid is 3.5.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID!!!
    Check in your center console to see if there is an aux jack, if there is you just need a double sided 3.5mm cord plug that into your earphone jack on the droid and then into the aux port in the car and make sure your car radio is in aux mode. That is how my wife uses her droid in her 2007 Acura TSX. I however have 2005 Acura TL and it does not have an aux jack I am using a Monster 300 universal fm transmitter and I have tried several of them this has the sound quality comparible to your normal cd player which is excellent hope this helps...
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Thanks so much. I've learned that I need an fm transmitter (wasn't sure what this device was called). I will give the monster 300 a try. Hopefully it has a decent signal in the San Francisco are. Again, many thanks from a technically challenged person just trying to learn the most she can about her new toy!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Don't use an FM transmitter.

Use a cable from the headphone jack to the AUX in, or get a bluetooth A2DP receiver and do it in high quality for cheaper. There was a thread today with a link to one on amazon for like $30.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Jeremy, is this a small contraption? I don't have an aux in on my stereo so how do I connect it to my stereo and to my droid. Sorry, I need step-by-step. Thank you.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    better off getting a aux jack installed on your radio . my Dodge Magnum 07 came with one I just plug any thing that has a 3.55mm jack into it and bam music
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Disregard the earlier post. I didn't realize you were suggesting that I purchase a new stereo aka receiver. Thank you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links