DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can one listen to music with their bluetooth?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID B*$*H

Cool

AWSOME THANKS HAD THE SAME QUESTION ...READ POST 2
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have only used Jabra headsets right now I have the bt8010 and also the jabra stone and I can listen to media and books via my headset. Its not dual, its only in my right ear but enough to hear books. Under the settings where you can see the type of headset you press on the headset and then choose options. You can add the media and music to the list.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    I use the Motorola HT820 stereo bluetooth headphones with my Droid. They work fine. They also have a built in mic for phone calls which also works well.
    Last edited by shawnb1824; 03-15-2010 at 04:59 AM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GSIII
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnutt View Post
    The Jabra BT3030 works well too. It's nice because it's just a dongle with a microphone and buttons, you can plug the headphones of your choice into it.
    I just found one of these laying around the house and paired it with the Droid. I agree, the music quality is great. I tested the range to just about 30 feet line of sight. All the controls work too, volume,play/pause,skip forward/back. According to Jabra battery life is seven hours of music play. It sounds great. I give it two thumbs up.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Has something changed sine 2.x upgrade? I had shut off the bluetooth for the media player. Now I can't find that setting anymore. I have a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Headset, it use to work now I can't turn it back on. :-(

Thanks

SRD
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnb1824 View Post
    I use the Motorola HT820 stereo bluetooth headphones with my Droid. They work fine. They also have a built in mic for phone calls which also works well.

This is what I use and it works well. The only thing it won't do on the droid is hit the button when not in a call to activate voice dialing. But this is a known issue with android os. Kind of sucks that such older primitive phones support this but not android.
    Current HTC Thunderbolt BAMF stripped

Retired Motorola Droid 1
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by srdragon View Post
    Has something changed sine 2.x upgrade? I had shut off the bluetooth for the media player. Now I can't find that setting anymore. I have a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Headset, it use to work now I can't turn it back on. :-(

Thanks

SRD
    OK I figured it out. When in Bluetooth settings select and hold the bluetooth headset you will get a menu, select options then you can select whether you want your headset to work with media player and or phone.

SRD
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I found the options menu you mentioned, but my Plantronics 520 only has the "Connected to phone audio" option under profiles. Does this mean the headset isn't capable of streaming music?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid

Thanks

SRD
    OK I figured it out. When in Bluetooth settings select and hold the bluetooth headset you will get a menu, select options then you can select whether you want your headset to work with media player and or phone.

SRD
    I long pressed the headset I have paired and I do not get such a menu. My choices are, "Connect to phone audio". Plantronics Pro.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla A855
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks1282 View Post
    I found the options menu you mentioned, but my Plantronics 520 only has the "Connected to phone audio" option under profiles. Does this mean the headset isn't capable of streaming music?
    I'm guessing that is correct as the 2nd post in this thread indicates, but if someone knows for sure, that would be great. My headset is a Motorola H500, and I looked on Moto's website and it looks like only their stereo headphone devices support the A2DP profile.

It is so lame you can't voicedial with a Droid, especially considering that the voice recognition seems to be so good with this device...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links