DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Droid HAS to send ringtones... HELP!?!

  1. Master Droid
    DJTURNz's Avatar
    Member #
    10381
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    312
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ntrddragn View Post
    this thread got me curious about sending mp3 as ringtone on handcent but when i go to attach a file it only show the default audio that is on the droid not on my sd card. am i missing something here?

    edited: lockman, i have ringdroid but dont see the ringdroid option when i hit attached.

    nevermind...lockman.
    I am having the same issue. It looks like you figured it out. What did you do to get it to look at audio other than the stock audio?
  2. Master Droid
    SwordOfWar's Avatar
    Member #
    3291
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    392
    Phone
    Droid
    #22
    get "Rings Extended" from the market, its free. It basically replaces the default menu that shows up when you pick notifications, ringtones etc... It allows you to choose any file instead of just the default sounds. It works anywhere you would normally get to the sounds/notification list.

    It works great in combination with RingDroid, another free app on the market.
  3. Master Droid
    snowman's Avatar
    Member #
    18151
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    444
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    #23
    I think I remember reading that files are blocked for uploading but not to download them
    by VZW that is not a problem just simply blocked at least I'm pretty sure this is what I read here
    someone will chime in and tell me if I'm crazy
    if it were me I'd put it on the SD card and load it on the computer mounted and then send it via mail or what ever
    Do it all now you may not be able to do it later
  4. Droid Newbie
    kjrussell's Avatar
    Member #
    30114
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Moto droid (verizon)
    #24

    i finally found it!

    i went into the "Market"
    Clicked on apps
    search for "Handcent sms"
    its pretty much an app for text messaging that changed the views into bubbles like u would see on the iphone.

    Its an awesome app because u can cutomize it, but the best thing about it, is that while in the text box, hit the option button.

    hit attatch and u can send audio now.

    I have the ringdroid app on my phone, so my husband, who uses a blackberry, customizes his ringtones and can now send them over to his phone.
  5. Master Droid
    DJTURNz's Avatar
    Member #
    10381
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    312
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #25
    But how do you attach them in Handcent?
  6. Senior Droid
    NastyNate08's Avatar
    Member #
    25485
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrussell View Post
    i went into the "Market"
    Clicked on apps
    search for "Handcent sms"
    its pretty much an app for text messaging that changed the views into bubbles like u would see on the iphone.

    Its an awesome app because u can cutomize it, but the best thing about it, is that while in the text box, hit the option button.

    hit attatch and u can send audio now.

    I have the ringdroid app on my phone, so my husband, who uses a blackberry, customizes his ringtones and can now send them over to his phone.
    ..... Where have you been?
    I've already talked about handcent, and how it may look pretty WILL NOT send any file of significance. I can send a "ring notification" that I made on Ringdroid because the file size is SOOO SMALL.

    Handcent is worthless in my opinion, I just use Astro to send by e-mail now because the DROID can't send any ringtones that have any significant length/size (data).
  7. Senior Droid
    aacanela73's Avatar
    Member #
    17805
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    106
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    #27
    First check the size of your ringtones that you created they might be to big. There is also settings in your phone for the size limit that you can send for the MMS messages. Try chomp it has been working so far so good. I posted about this issue about three weeks ago and didn't get nearly the responce you did. Guess I needed to use big letters and !!!!! to get such a responce. Just take and start your text then hit the menu and attach. Handcent and chomp will let you attach video, pictures, and audio but you do have to keep it under the size limit for the phone and your carrier because I know that verizon does have a limit on the size of the MMS messages sent.
    You know you should look for the humor in everything because you look much sexier when you smile!!!
  8. Master Droid
    DJTURNz's Avatar
    Member #
    10381
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    312
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #28
    I tried emailing a 6second ring notification I made to an LG 8300 and an LG EnV Touch. Both stripped the attachment.

    What am I doing wrong? Obviously some of you are able to send ringtones.
  9. Senior Droid
    aacanela73's Avatar
    Member #
    17805
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    106
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrussell View Post
    i went into the "Market"
    Clicked on apps
    search for "Handcent sms"
    its pretty much an app for text messaging that changed the views into bubbles like u would see on the iphone.

    Its an awesome app because u can cutomize it, but the best thing about it, is that while in the text box, hit the option button.

    hit attatch and u can send audio now.

    I have the ringdroid app on my phone, so my husband, who uses a blackberry, customizes his ringtones and can now send them over to his phone.
    ..... Where have you been?
    I've already talked about handcent, and how it may look pretty WILL NOT send any file of significance. I can send a "ring notification" that I made on Ringdroid because the file size is SOOO SMALL.

    Handcent is worthless in my opinion, I just use Astro to send by e-mail now because the DROID can't send any ringtones that have any significant length/size (data).
    Check your settings you may have it set to send smaller amounts of data.
    You know you should look for the humor in everything because you look much sexier when you smile!!!
  10. Master Droid
    DJTURNz's Avatar
    Member #
    10381
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    312
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by aacanela73 View Post
    First check the size of your ringtones that you created they might be to big. There is also settings in your phone for the size limit that you can send for the MMS messages. Try chomp it has been working so far so good. I posted about this issue about three weeks ago and didn't get nearly the responce you did. Guess I needed to use big letters and !!!!! to get such a responce. Just take and start your text then hit the menu and attach. Handcent and chomp will let you attach video, pictures, and audio but you do have to keep it under the size limit for the phone and your carrier because I know that verizon does have a limit on the size of the MMS messages sent.
    When I try to attach audio, all I get to choose is the stock ringtones. Which also don't get received.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to send custom ringtones to someone elses phone?
    By pope66682 in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 05:10 AM
  2. Placing ringtones in media/ringtones doesn't work. tips?
    By Ordinary Average Guy in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 02:49 PM
  3. Help (send ringtones via text?)
    By jbird in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 08:47 AM
  4. Unable to send sounds and Ringtones
    By Shade2074 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 07:59 AM
  5. How do I send ringtones
    By NastyNate08 in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 4 is there a limit to ring tones
,

how do you send a ringtone from a droid

,

how do you send ringtones on a droid

,

how to aend env 2 ringtones to galaxy s3

,
how to send a ringtone through bluetooth on my android
,

how to send ringtones from droid

,

how to send ringtones from galaxy s3

,
how to send ringtones on android phone
,

how to undefault video player for droid razr

,
send audio from ringdroid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+