DVD Catalyst - Simply the best program around for encoding videos and DVDs to various types of devices.
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/JTAC_Droid
HOW TO: Convert Videos for use with Droid:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post133774
Post questions about the "HOW TO" here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...use-droid.html
Well, I tried to use wine to install dvdcatalyst, but it didn't work (free version at least). Since it is an emulated windows, I guess there are files that dvdcat is dependent upon (finding a processor, difficulty reading a dvd, etc.) so I get several errors throughout, including trying to close dvdcat it says "file not found." I suppose part of it could be user error, I am new at wine, so I will most likely try tinkering around with it again tonight or in the coming week when I have time. I'd love to be able to make it work, hopefully I can and if dvdcat is willing we can collaborate on a linux reliable version, if I can figure it all out.
Edit: On a side note until I can figure it out, does anyone have experience getting linux (ubuntu specifically) to rip and convert dvd's successfully to droid style? If so what programs do you use? I'd be willing to go a longer more complicated route until I tinker with dvdcat settings and get it to work (one-click solutions are awesome)
Sorry to be such a headache, I just don't have any windows machines anymore, got rid of Vista on the laptop a little while ago in favor of Ubuntu, and then a macbook pro and a mac mini, so no windows option for me
It took a little bit of modding (the CPU message you got was the main problem)
I installed Ubuntu 9.10 (desktop version) on my eeePC900 HD (celeron 900mhz, 1gb memory)
Updated ubuntu, then installed wine, and copied dc3.dll and DVDCatalyst3.exe (the 2 main files of dvdcat3) over to a pendrive, and ran it from there.
Performance sucks, mainly because of the laptop specs.
Auto Cropping does not work in Ubuntu, but when I turned that off, it ran.
I'll fiddle with it some more, but I figured it'd be cool to share
Edit: It took a little bit of hassle, (keep losing wifi in ubuntu) but the DVD actually decrypts properly as well.
It's the netbook itself. I had to switch wifi cards in it with my Dell to get OSX Leopard working on it, but a few days ago I switched it back because my Dell was having some connection issues. I think the antenna cord isn't making proper contact, but don't feel like opening the thing back up again for now. I dont think it's ubuntu causing it.