DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sure your tired of seeing this....

1. dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by sackings245 View Post
    ok so im making some progess, i did get video (if you want to call it that) and sound. however the video was very distorted and the sound was breaking up very badly. the setting im using are the ipod\iphone setting and then changing the resolution to i believe it was 720x400 (which was the dvd resolution) is there any other setting i should adjust. im very new to this, however i am catching on quickly (i think). and as always thanks for the help.
    A few versions ago, Handbrake developers removed support for encrypted (as in bought/rented) DVDs, which is probably why the video is distorted and the audio is bad. Have a look on their website for some tips on how to get the commercial DVD's to work.

With Handbrake I do suggest to start with the default iPhone profile, without any changes, and at least try to get a working video on your Droid before making any changes. The files should work fine if you use this profile.

Secondly, before putting the video on your Droid, always try and play the file on your computer first. The files should play properly in Quicktime. If the file looks bad on the PC, it will not look any better on your Droid.

@dvdcat: thank you for your help, you are very helpful and if my pocketbook allowed i would buy your program. hopefully on my next check.
    You are welcome. I do have a free version as well (different from the trial version), and while it does not have a Droid profile, or settings to adjust the screensize, it does have a profile for the iPhone that works on the Droid.
  2. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    +1 on dvdcatalyst... best software by far for conversion. but handbrake is pretty good for opensource freeware
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Where do you download once converted? I see a file for videos, is that where you guys are dragging and dropping?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    WOO HOO!!!! dvdcat for the win. the free version did the job great. i have the eris so i think the reslolution is a little smaller than the moto droid so the iphone spec worked great. when i get money i will definetly buy the full program.

EDIT: so after i was done being super excited that i actually got movies on my phone i did notice the sound is slightly off. its not bad, its just ever so slightly off however i was using the free version of DVDcat so honestly its doesnt bother me a bit.
    Last edited by sackings245; 01-02-2010 at 11:45 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    After messing with handbrake and a few others for a couple hours, I went to DVDcatalyst and downloaded that software. All I can say is that it is EASY and works well. Ripped my first DVD ever and from the time it was done I had it on the phone in 5 mins! Looks great and sounds good!! Super happy with it! Worth every cent!!!!!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcatalyst View Post

In Handbrake just pick the iPhone profile, and you should be good to go.
    (edit: at a lower resolution, but first create one working file and then start messing with the settings)

You can also rename the m4v file to mp4, which should also work.
    m4v is just iTunes way of saying it's an Mp4 Video file , (similar to it's way of using m4a for aac audio files.)

I just picked out a few threads, but if you do a search for Handbrake on these forums you will find more.
    DVDcatalyst,

You are way to humble, your program is THE one to get..

DVD Catalyst 3 makes Converting Videos for the Droid so easy even a Caveman could do it.

All the rest of the programs are a waste of time IMHO.
    I will let you know if I get it to work
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by FireDroid View Post
    Where do you download once converted? I see a file for videos, is that where you guys are dragging and dropping?
    yes just drag your videos to your video file
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG G2
    Every time anyone has a problem with video, everyone here is really helpful. I've noticed though that DVD Catalyst is always the easiest solution. Alot of time would be saved if there was some kind of sticky at the outset of Audio/video threads that would just point people to the best programs to try first before posting a problem. So far DVD Catalyst has been the most problem free, with Handbrake at a close second. I'm not sure how they regulate stickys here but is this possible or even a good idea?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcatalyst View Post
    ok so im making some progess, i did get video (if you want to call it that) and sound. however the video was very distorted and the sound was breaking up very badly. the setting im using are the ipod\iphone setting and then changing the resolution to i believe it was 720x400 (which was the dvd resolution) is there any other setting i should adjust. im very new to this, however i am catching on quickly (i think). and as always thanks for the help.
    A few versions ago, Handbrake developers removed support for encrypted (as in bought/rented) DVDs, which is probably why the video is distorted and the audio is bad. Have a look on their website for some tips on how to get the commercial DVD's to work.

With Handbrake I do suggest to start with the default iPhone profile, without any changes, and at least try to get a working video on your Droid before making any changes. The files should work fine if you use this profile.

Secondly, before putting the video on your Droid, always try and play the file on your computer first. The files should play properly in Quicktime. If the file looks bad on the PC, it will not look any better on your Droid.

@dvdcat: thank you for your help, you are very helpful and if my pocketbook allowed i would buy your program. hopefully on my next check.
    You are welcome. I do have a free version as well (different from the trial version), and while it does not have a Droid profile, or settings to adjust the screensize, it does have a profile for the iPhone that works on the Droid.
    Can DVDcatalyst convert a 1080P blu-ray rip with .flac audio in a .MKV to a format that the droid can play? I tries handbrake and couldn't get the resulting file to play on my droid.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C3-PO View Post
    Every time anyone has a problem with video, everyone here is really helpful. I've noticed though that DVD Catalyst is always the easiest solution. Alot of time would be saved if there was some kind of sticky at the outset of Audio/video threads that would just point people to the best programs to try first before posting a problem. So far DVD Catalyst has been the most problem free, with Handbrake at a close second. I'm not sure how they regulate stickys here but is this possible or even a good idea?
    PM an admin if you want, but i'm not certain what our policy is about promoting a certain paid program over another. it likely won't be addressed in that way. then again, anyone that searches handbrake in this forum will, more often than not, run across the dvdcatalyst program and the rave reviews you guys are giving it.. so you are doing a good job of plugging it anyway. and i agree, it rocks.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links