New Swype update?
I'm part of the Beta program and I saw on a couple of sites that that Swype has been updated, The update includes:
- Resolved an accuracy issue that was introduced in the last Beta update. New software features supporting additional languages were included in the beta before the test plan for those features was complete (it is a beta after all). Subsequent testing identified the accuracy issue and corrections made. These new tests have been incorporated into our regression testing to prevent future accuracy issues.
- Added Double-Tap-to-Edit and Cursor Restore
- Added microphone button (QWERTY only. Requires Google Voice Search be pre-integrated in your phone’s ROM)
- Added French & EXPERIMENTAL Chinese Pinyin languages
- Modified new word priority defaults. The word-choice-window will now be ordered more intelligently when encountering custom dictionary words
- Fixed a bug where an extra space would be added when replacing a word by Swyping after opening the word choice window
- Improved the "Hidden-Word" dialog handling so it doesn't show up as often (more improvements to this next time)
- Improved prediction when handling various path collisions
- Lots of minor bug fixes
Has anyone done the update? I've gotten no email from them on this and their site is down for maintenance. See Swype for Android beta updated | Android Central for more info.
I just installed it. I had uninstalled it a while back because the accuracy got worse and worse. So far so good. Voice mic works as well.
Sent from Droid SS v4.91
I wish I could install the newer updates on my droid x :(
This doesn't work on mine. I updated from my previous swype and it no longer works. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled and keep getting the "this version is not formatted for your phone..." warning. Anyone else having this problem?
Have you used the steps outlined in Swype's own forums?
Droid 1 running Ultimate Droid root. The new swype does not work. Swype the company is horrible, never seen a company that makes it harder to use their product. I can still use a previous version from UD as it comes installed. The Swype company however is a joke.
i updated to the newer swype today. i'm part of the beta program and never got a email about it either, but i just googled 'swype beta droid' or something like that, clicked the first link to get to the swype website, i logged in, and there was an option to send swype installer to myself. I clicked it, downloaded it from my phone, installed it just fine.
If anyone is having issues, you can try out my steps and see if it works for you.
This was posted on droid life. Worked for me. I like then ew version.
Brian Resnik, Community Relations Specialist and Beta Administrator for Swype here...
For anyone getting the "Configured for another device" error, please make sure that when you hit "Done" after Swype finishes installing, you wait for the "Enable Swype" window to appear.
DO NOT press the "back" button when you see the "Start Download" button again. The license file is being generated at the time, and exiting the installer will kill the license download.
I'm an official Swype beta tester and also did not get the email. Can someone link to where I can get the newest beta?
Thanks for the heads up. I went to the web site and downloaded it. Seems to be more responsive and not so buggy when swyping 'you' and getting 'tou' with the tip indicator always poping up. The microphone speak now seems to work fine. Glad swype fixed the other issues.