Pocket Informant is now in Public Beta on the Android Marketplace! Check the Pocket Informant Android Forum for Public Beta discussion!
Pocket Informant is a fully redesigned from the ground up calendaring and GTD®-based tasks solution for Android devices. Our purpose is to integrate best-of-class calendaring with best-of-class tasks together into one great solution.
- Full-featured events management integrated with Android Calendar plus a separate PI Calendar
- Tasks management with synchronization to Toodledo
- Both events and tasks can be displayed in 2 different day views, 6 week views, agenda view and month view
- Plain list and grouped (by category, context, folder, action, status) task views for tasks
- Optional category (for events and tasks) and status (for tasks only) filters in main views
- Ability to show/hide different Android calendars
- Optional timebars and mini-text (event details displayed directly in calendar grid) views for events month view
- Templates for events and tasks (including default templates for new items)
- Custom time/date selection controls for easy task/event modification and navigation in main view (including all month view features including mini-text in date selector)
- Easily accessible commands for events or tasks directly from main views (assign category, move between calendars, move to a different date, context, folder etc.)
- Highly configurable interface (with over 100 different options)
- Configurable event and task edit dialogs (with ability to show/hide all event/task fields)
- Search and notifications integration with standard Android services
- Ability to assign colors to each individual event or task, category, calendar, different task statuses, work and free days etc.
- Easy backup with ability to export/import all settings or copy whole PI database with simple copy of one file
- Optional auto-deletion of completed tasks (on deletion or after certain period of time)
Not all features are listed here - Pocket Informant has extensive feature-set and its impossible to list every feature in a bullet point. How Does This Differ From Other task Managers?
Proper task management is essential, but it's only part of the picture. Pocket Informant is a full featured PIM, so it lets you focus on everything you do in a day - not just your task list. We believe bringing your appointments and tasks together in one place is more efficient than working in isolated calendar and task management systems. Pocket Informant is designed to not force you into any one method of doing things. For example you can use our Task View as rigidly or freely as you want, using GTD principles, Franklin Covey, or your own system. Pocket Informant also lets you sync your information with popular online services so you can easily access your data with any desktop computer or share it with others.
Why Do I Need This When I Have A Calendar?
We love our Android phones, but we saw some untapped potential for a full-featured PIM. Pocket Informant fills that gap. To start with, we made navigation very natural - simply swipe between the months, or tap the month name to jump to a new date.You can assign icons to individual events or tasks or use our original TimeBar style to see a visual description of your day, week, or month. When looking at a day’s activities, we show you your appointments and tasks together, and we give you nearly the entire screen to see them. We offer a convenient view to quickly see activities going on "today", and we built a great week view as well.
For years, these and numerous other features have made Pocket Informant a must-have application for school teachers, soccer moms, salesmen and executives alike.
We have tested on the following devices. Pocket Informant should work on any Android device running Android 2.1 and 2.2 but depending on changes your device manufacturer has made there may be issues.
- Motorola Droid
- Samsung Galaxy S I9000
- Google Nexus One
- Droid Incredible
- Droid X
- HTC Desire
- HTC Evo
- Droid 2