DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Home Replacement Apps: ADW Launcher

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    I don't use bettercut, but the custom shortcut option in ADW allows you to use any custom icon you want

Droidforums.net appified!
    Guess I’m still missing something here –

Long press for Custom shortcut > choose an activity (usually have to press multiple times to actually bring up my apps,) > select activity, then press for a custom icon.
    I get three selections: Select picture, Select and crop picture, ADWTheme IconPacks.

If I select the first two I’ll get my two different gallery apps to come up, but no custom icon packs.

If select ADWTheme IconPacks I get ‘Select icon pack’ and a message that says ‘No applications can perform this action’ and no choice of my downloaded icon packs and I can’t do anything except press the back button, then back out of the whole thing … none of my icon pack are AWD and that’s probably why ….

Am I missing something here? … if I long press for Shortcuts, select Bettercut, then apps, then change icon, I can do what ever I want and it works 99.9% of time (Bettercut can also be a bit fussy at times….)

Maybe this is why I’m back to having the force closing problems … but still no redraw problems

I dumped LP because it was supposed to be oh so customizable, but it wouldn’t seem to work with anything that wasn’t actually written for it ….

??
    Last edited by OldguyMark; 11-29-2010 at 10:45 PM.
    Non-rooted D1
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    lol well I actually I unzipped the icon packs (I downloaded them as a zip) to my SD Card, so they actually show up in my gallery.

Also, I downloaded ADW Themes from the market and that's where I get some of their icon packs, too.

Out of curiousity, what do other icon packs you have appear as? What kind of file?
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Out of curiousity, what do other icon packs you have appear as? What kind of file?
    I understand the question, but can't answer it. Since I'm not rooted I can't see files in the phones memory, only the SD card (or at least as far as I know.)

I down load the icon packs from the market (most of them are Better Android packs.) They download to the phones memory and show up in my app drawer. I can touch the icon and review all the icons in any given pack, and that's about as much as I know ... I'm guessing they are .png files.

When I use BetterCut to change a icon, it brings up a list of all the packs I have, then I can pick and choose and review all I want 'till I get what I want, also of course you can pick from the SD card.

I've made icons from .jpeg files on the SD card, but if I use Photoshop to make .png files I can see them on the SD card, but I can't get any thing to use them - haven't figured that one out yet.
    Non-rooted D1
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Ah, they were installed apks.....must be installing specifically for Bettercut.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Was using 1.2.0 standalone and loved it!

Was notified of the first 1.3 update, downloaded and installed it, but it didn't run correctly.
    Was notified of the 1.3.3 updated, downloaded and installed it...it ran better, but not happy with the trash can at the top.

Uninstalled and reinstalled 1.2.0 standalone and ADW.Launcher is back to running like a champ!!

I can't figure out how to change the trash can icon though.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1-SourceryROM/RZRecocery
    I stayed with the 1.2.0 Standalone because everyone was having sooooo much trouble withe the newer versions. I've also noticed that all the themes I have installed also have updates to work with the new launcher, but I haven't updated them either. Does anyone know if the themes are backward compatible. I don't want to update them if it's going to force me to install the newer launcher.
    BIONIC (non-rooted)
    'Beauty, is in the eye of the Beer holder'.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    I haven't had too much trouble, I've been a little busy, I've been helping out my gf with the newest version of ADW on her phone, she seems to have figured some of it out, but I was explaining some of the other nuances.....(took her a while to figure out what 5x5 meant for screen size, or a widget that was 4x1)
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Damn I think it ate the last part of my write-up I need to update it I guess, and split it up >_<
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1-SourceryROM/RZRecocery
    Damn I think it ate the last part of my write-up I need to update it I guess, and split it up >_<
    I'm not even going to touch that one........I'll get banned for sure :-)
    BIONIC (non-rooted)
    'Beauty, is in the eye of the Beer holder'.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    I haven't forgotten about this I just havent gotten around to updating it. I am aware that the original post has been demolished due to size restrictions (I'm guessing of the Droidforums.net app).

I'm going on vacation so maybe I'll spend some extra time on the flight putting together a write-up for ADW vers 1.3.3.
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Links