DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Home Replacement Apps: ADW Launcher

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Well that's awesome! The more knowledgeble ADW users out there, the better

Droidforums.net appified!
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    OK it gets weirder... I downloaded another theme called "Fluxed" (not from y0rk's collection)

I went into ADW theme preferences, selected the new theme, and rebooted the phone. When it returned, the theme was intact, and again the Dolphin icon was the blue screen with the gear.

Then I went into ADW restore, and I restored the settings and desktop configuration. Here's where it gets weird.

The green color background was intact from the "Fluxed" theme, but the dockbar was the one from y0rk's "blue" theme. It mixed the two themes. And the Dolphin bookmark was back. I suddenly started hearing Twilight Zone music LOL So I took a screenshot of it...

It still doesn't tell me definitively if the issues are with ADW or the themes themselves. I dunno. I really like y0rk's blue theme LOL
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    And I think I have narrowed down the Dolphin icon issue to the theme itself... I went into ADW settings and selected the default ADW theme. I put the Dolphin icon back on the dockbar and I rebooted the phone and the icon survived the reboot. I am still using one of y0rk's cool blue wallpapers, but I don't have the cool blue dockbar from his "Blue Theme". The app drawer icon also stayed intact. Oh well, it's no biggie. Hope this info didn't clutter up your thread, hopefully it will help other ADW users.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    LOL - I did the 1.3.3 upgrade and now all is fine, smooth and cool - God only knows what goes on with these phones

I'm not as cool as you guys - I'm running a stock 2.2 D1 - I'm not running any themes yet, I'm just building my own look - picking my own wallpaper, using Bettercut with about 5 different icon packs along with using my own photos and Photoshop Elements to make my own icons ....

Have 5 icons in the tray - 4 of them custom, haven't got to the center one yet. Have 7 screens, but only 8 apps up so far along with 5 widgets ... slowly playing and adding and testing.

I believe my FC issue was mostly caused by having 3 different launchers installed without having one set as default ... if played with one a lot then jumped to ADW it would sometimes lock up and FC. I dumped LP today, did some clean up ... if I put the phone to sleep in ADW, then wake it up again I have no FC problem and all is fast and smooth ....

Who knows

2 cents
    Non-rooted D1
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    I don't use bettercut, but the custom shortcut option in ADW allows you to use any custom icon you want

Droidforums.net appified!
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    yorks themes are the ish! im glad i stumbled across this thread, it makes adw make more sense
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Hey bilgediver, question for ya...

I'm getting kind of annoyed with this problem of widgets disappearing from my screens after a reboot. Here's my question...

If I uninstall ADW Launcher temporarily, and test those disappearing widgets on the stock screens, if I re-install it afterwards, will I have to go through the whole setup process again? Or will a backup that is on the SD Card save me that hassle? I have Titanium Backup and I just made sure it was backed up, will that backup have all my settings backed up as well or just the application? I wanna figure this issue out. It has me annoyed LOL.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1-SourceryROM/RZRecocery
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post

I'm getting kind of annoyed with this problem of widgets disappearing from my screens after a reboot. Here's my question...

If I uninstall ADW Launcher temporarily, and test those disappearing widgets on the stock screens, if I re-install it afterwards, will I have to go through the whole setup process again? Or will a backup that is on the SD Card save me that hassle? I have Titanium Backup and I just made sure it was backed up, will that backup have all my settings backed up as well or just the application? I wanna figure this issue out. It has me annoyed LOL.
    Try making a backup in the ADW settings first there are two (2) backups also I would try going into Ultimate droid setting and go to performance setting and check the 'LOCK HOME IN MEMORY' and see what that does first... I'm using the ADW 1.2.0 standalone version and I don't have any problems. So make sure you have another one like Launcher Pro installed first before you deleted the ADW one and switch to it (Launcher Pro) before you do anything. If it were me I would just go back to the ADW 1.2.0 standalone. and the after it is installed try restoring your settings.
    BIONIC (non-rooted)
    'Beauty, is in the eye of the Beer holder'.
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post

Try making a backup in the ADW settings first there are two (2) backups also I would try going into Ultimate droid setting and go to performance setting and check the 'LOCK HOME IN MEMORY' and see what that does first... I'm using the ADW 1.2.0 standalone version and I don't have any problems. So make sure you have another one like Launcher Pro installed first before you deleted the ADW one and switch to it (Launcher Pro) before you do anything. If it were me I would just go back to the ADW 1.2.0 standalone. and the after it is installed try restoring your settings.
    I have backups made, both settings and desktop configuration. I back up everything religiously. (For moments like this LOL)

I looked in the ADW settings, and I don't see "LOCK HOME IN MEMORY". I have ADW 1.3.3 Standalone... I just did update it the other day... was posting about it in this thread before and after I updated...

I may just take the plunge and do it, just to see if it's the ADW or the widgets themselves, do you know if the backups are still saved on the SD Card after the app is uninstalled? That's what I want to know before I dive head first into it... setting up ADW takes a little time.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Great thread guys!! Thank you!
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links