DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a better Vertical Keyboard App thats Free?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

Question Is there a better Vertical Keyboard App thats Free?

I like using the vertical keyboard so that I can type with one hand. Does anyone know of an app that will give me bigger keys on the vertical keyboard? I downloaded Big Buttons Keyboard and it doesnt work at all....I have no clue how to access it. I download it and it just sits there...it doesnt give me the option to open it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

***SORRY THIS SHOULD BE UNDER THE APPS CATEGORY...NOT THEMES****
    Last edited by Jokool_7777; 12-16-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Incorrect Category

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    to use big buttons keyboard you have to go into "menu/settings/language and keyboard" and disable "android keyboard" and enable "big buttons keyboard" youll probably have some options for BBK in there as well

though im not a fan of BBK, i prefer better keyboard, its not free like you want, but is awesome
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You don't need to disable android keyboard. You do need to enable any other keyboards you've downloaded, but you can switch back and forth by long-pressing on the text box you're typing in and selecting Input Method. This way you can go back-and-forth fairly easily if desired.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfProRM View Post
    You don't need to disable android keyboard. You do need to enable any other keyboards you've downloaded, but you can switch back and forth by long-pressing on the text box you're typing in and selecting Input Method. This way you can go back-and-forth fairly easily if desired.
    hey thanks for the tip, might come in handy someday
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by pandroid View Post
    to use big buttons keyboard you have to go into "menu/settings/language and keyboard" and disable "android keyboard" and enable "big buttons keyboard" youll probably have some options for BBK in there as well

though im not a fan of BBK, i prefer better keyboard, its not free like you want, but is awesome

Thanks..yeah Im trying the bbk now. Its ok and i guess I could get use to it but Im going to take your suggestion and pay for better keyboard. Hopefully I'll get what I need.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

Does better keyboard have bigger buttons on the vertical keyboard? Im looking at the description and all that sounds good but I just need bigger keys so that I can text and email with using my vertical keyboard. How do you grade the vertical keyboard?
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    Your wish is my command

~moved~

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokool_7777 View Post

Does better keyboard have bigger buttons on the vertical keyboard? Im looking at the description and all that sounds good but I just need bigger keys so that I can text and email with using my vertical keyboard. How do you grade the vertical keyboard?
    the portrait keyboard in better keyboard is the best...it uses "suretype" and im coming from a bb pearl after four years so this thing is awesome for me...
    if you dont know what suretype is...its essentially two letters per key to use with either predictive olr multi tap...def recommended
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Big Buttons Keyboard is an absolute essential download for Vertical. You can test it out but I am waiting for the updated version so when it goes in horizontal it will default back to the normal virtual. Right now the buttons are just as big in horizontal but an update is coming, if not done already. I gotta check soon. Must have app though once the update is ready and you can always use it now and then default it back to normal in settings when typing in horizontal virtual (or just use the physical when in horizontal).
    Last edited by LordKastle; 12-17-2009 at 09:10 AM.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    get the HTC keyboard. set it on compact qwerty and then just one tap the buttons. the predictive type is good and will figure out the rest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links