DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: SAFECELLapp? Free $?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

SAFECELLapp? Free $?

Hey guys, i heard on the radio this morning about this app. Sounds like a awesome idea, however I'm pretty much here asking if anyone has tried this before i dish out 12$

The main idea of this app is to not text or call while driving however every 500 miles you drive you get a 5$ gift card max of 250$ a year. Not much but the avg person drives 10k - 20k miles a year and you can have it on more than one phone (ie. my wife's) so it adds up. The app still has less than 50 Downloads and not rated very well but hell free $ and maybe i'll stop texting when i drive?

Also it's a annual fee of 12$ but if you buy before 12/28/10 it's 12 for life.

If anyone has tried it out and knows if it's legit or not let me know! the site is SafeCell
    Last edited by jimmyg; 10-29-2010 at 07:46 PM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    The reviews for it are pretty bad http://www.appbrain.com/app/safecellapp/com.safecell

Sent from my DROIDX
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Yea, i saw the bad reviews but figured since there was only 3 or 4 i'd ask in here. Also it seems likes it's brand new and hopefully it'd be something that would be fixed... I'll just keep an eye on it and try to remember to try to buy it before 12/28 if the reviews change
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate)
    This app. sounds like a good idea but you have to understand the fine print. For every 500 miles, you get a reward valued at $5. With that methodology, to get the maximum $250 a year, you will have to drive 25000 miles in a year to get that. ( $5 per 500 achieved miles. Times that by 50, or the # of times that $5 will go into $250).

According to Federal study; average miles driven per year per person in America is 15000.

So, this apparently sounds like a good idea; but unless you drive heavily each day, you may not get any substantial rewards anytime soon.
    Myself, I commute 30 miles each way to and from work. So with how I drive, I can get potentially get something out of this if I drop the $12 on it.

Figure out first if you drive enough a year to earn anything BEFORE you buy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
    Android User since 2010.

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    hmmm... well i drive 98 miles one way each day for work, so.... perhaps i should look into it.
    HTC Incredible, Rooted, ROM changes every day or so..

"Every night millions of people go to bed and wonder if they made a difference. US Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan

I support the Military. Always have, always will.
    if you don't like it, please relocate to a different country.

Links