DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid Ebooks

1. Bill2993

Droid Ebooks

Viperboy, can the new droid phone download ebooks like the iphone and itouch can through kindle?? Is there someplace I can go to see a list of the apps available for the Droid??

I have been researching the Droid before I buy one to make sure it willdo all I would like.
    Thanks

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    You can find pretty much all the apps at Androlib.com

Enjoy!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2993 View Post
    Viperboy, can the new droid phone download ebooks like the iphone and itouch can through kindle?? Is there someplace I can go to see a list of the apps available for the Droid??

I have been researching the Droid before I buy one to make sure it willdo all I would like.
    Thanks
    Yes I have a few books on mine
    Droid vs I-phone....one shall stand and one shall fall
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Aldiko and WordPlayer are a couple book readers. They use epubs. Most of the books are free, a few can be purchased, but nothing like the number Kindle has. I think you can download Ereader as well.
    Kent
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    The Droid WILL NOT d9ownload Kindle ebooks. It WILL NOT read them natively. You will need to remove the DRM. There are at least two different ways to do that.

In addition to the readers mentioned above you can download the B&N/Fictionwise/Erader reader from http://erader.com/android You can download ereader books from ereader within the app.

A hint: Since Ereader and Fictionwise are owned by B&N I think you can safely assume that some there will be continued support as the Nook evolves.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ldimick View Post
    The Droid WILL NOT d9ownload Kindle ebooks. It WILL NOT read them natively. You will need to remove the DRM. There are at least two different ways to do that.
    Maybe your Droid won't but mine does. And I think your's does as well.

When you download the Kindle App you sign in using your Amazon password. This allows you to purchase kindle ebooks. You do need an account with Amazon of course.

I can use Kindle on my Droid 2, my iPad, and my iMac. It's a great app. And you don't need to remove the DRM.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

UK Ebooks

Hear the titles The Path to Power, or The Downing Street Years, for the first time and you would probably guess they were the memoirs of a former prime minister.
    However, only the portraits on the cover would tell you they were those of Margaret Thatcher.
    Similarly, a wander through the autobiography section of any bookshop will reveal dozens of books entitled My Story, or simply suffixed The Autobiography.
    So Mr Blair is in good company by choosing a title which gives very little away about the book's contents.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    eBook apps. I love them. I’ve read more having them on my phone then when I had an older phone without this option.

Kindle. Yes this is the Amazon e-book reader on Andoid. It’s free. In the market. You can download free or even books that cost money. Some are reduced in price and some are occassionally free (maybe for a limited time, so check that). You can do this from your phone or the amazon site.
    Aldiko. This ones’ not bad. You can even get the Project Gutenberg books which are old, out of copyright books, on there (info on how to do that HERE). They also have free and paid books.
    FBReader. I hadn’t heard about this, but the link above at Project Gutenberg has how they can do this with Gutenberg and mentions it’s an Andoird e-book. So it’s something to look into on the market and check it out.
    Kobo. Another e-book reader. I haven’t used this one that much, but had it on my phone.
    Nook. The Barnes and Noble e-book reader on your Android phone.
    Laputa Book reader.
    Overdrive Media Console. If you have an account with them thru your local library (or the Free Library of Philadelphia) you can read the ebooks you’ve checked out on your Android phone (I haven't tried this one, but read about it).

If you can't find any on your phone through the Market app or anymore, you can go here http://market.android.com/
    Last edited by debdroid1a; 02-22-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Links