DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: App that makes your phone appear dead?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

App that makes your phone appear dead?

I was wondering if there was an app that would make it appear that your phone was dead. For example, if someone sends me a text it will not show up as delivered, and if someone calls me it will go straight to voicemail?

I am trying to avoid someone who is blowing my phone up but I do not want to have to keep my phone off. I've tried an app or two to block people, but txts and calls will still go through, they just dont pop up on my phone.

Any help?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by PiinkBunniie View Post
    I was wondering if there was an app that would make it appear that your phone was dead. For example, if someone sends me a text it will not show up as delivered, and if someone calls me it will go straight to voicemail?

I am trying to avoid someone who is blowing my phone up but I do not want to have to keep my phone off. I've tried an app or two to block people, but txts and calls will still go through, they just dont pop up on my phone.

Any help?
    If you go to your Contacts, you can hit edit Contact, then Options, then check "Send Directly to Voicemail"

As for the texts, I'm not entirely sure how you'd do it, but I know that Handcent SMS has a "Blacklist" feature you could check out.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4S daily. Droid and DX
    Contact Verizon. They have a website page that allows you to setup blocked numbers. I saw a rep set it up for a lady the night I was buying my Droid back in February. But I don't remember the URL
    Facts are the very first casuality of bad information.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post
    Contact Verizon. They have a website page that allows you to setup blocked numbers. I saw a rep set it up for a lady the night I was buying my Droid back in February. But I don't remember the URL
    Heck, if you sign into your Verizon account, its available there as well (or used to be). This is to block texts btw, number blocking still has to be handled by a rep.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    no on verizon when u block a number, it is for calls and texts also..u can up to 5...if someone calls u and u have this feature on their phone number, it will say welcome to verizon ..this number has been changed disconnected or is no longer in service....if they send u a text on the opposing persons end it will not go through...but through handcent sms and chomp sms u can add their number to the blacklist and they will not disturb u..also if u really wanna get them back download text flooder in the marker...they also have text repeater u can send them as many messages as u want in a mattre of seconds and u will shut their phone down for a while and then they will leave u alone....lol
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    That is so cool to know. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by stabl4life82 View Post
    no on verizon when u block a number, it is for calls and texts also..u can up to 5...if someone calls u and u have this feature on their phone number, it will say welcome to verizon ..this number has been changed disconnected or is no longer in service....if they send u a text on the opposing persons end it will not go through...but through handcent sms and chomp sms u can add their number to the blacklist and they will not disturb u..also if u really wanna get them back download text flooder in the marker...they also have text repeater u can send them as many messages as u want in a mattre of seconds and u will shut their phone down for a while and then they will leave u alone....lol
    this sounds sweet but i don't have unlimited messages will it work with 3rd party texting apps?

Links