DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: App that makes your phone appear dead?

  1. Droid Newbie
    PiinkBunniie's Avatar
    Member #
    122601
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    App that makes your phone appear dead?

    I was wondering if there was an app that would make it appear that your phone was dead. For example, if someone sends me a text it will not show up as delivered, and if someone calls me it will go straight to voicemail?

    I am trying to avoid someone who is blowing my phone up but I do not want to have to keep my phone off. I've tried an app or two to block people, but txts and calls will still go through, they just dont pop up on my phone.

    Any help?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    Coolsaber57's Avatar
    Member #
    24726
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    347
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by PiinkBunniie View Post
    I was wondering if there was an app that would make it appear that your phone was dead. For example, if someone sends me a text it will not show up as delivered, and if someone calls me it will go straight to voicemail?

    I am trying to avoid someone who is blowing my phone up but I do not want to have to keep my phone off. I've tried an app or two to block people, but txts and calls will still go through, they just dont pop up on my phone.

    Any help?
    If you go to your Contacts, you can hit edit Contact, then Options, then check "Send Directly to Voicemail"

    As for the texts, I'm not entirely sure how you'd do it, but I know that Handcent SMS has a "Blacklist" feature you could check out.
  4. Master Droid
    Skull One's Avatar
    Member #
    45849
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    760
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4S daily. Droid and DX
    #3
    Contact Verizon. They have a website page that allows you to setup blocked numbers. I saw a rep set it up for a lady the night I was buying my Droid back in February. But I don't remember the URL
    Facts are the very first casuality of bad information.
  5. Droid Ninja
    harrellj's Avatar
    Member #
    94200
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,063
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post
    Contact Verizon. They have a website page that allows you to setup blocked numbers. I saw a rep set it up for a lady the night I was buying my Droid back in February. But I don't remember the URL
    Heck, if you sign into your Verizon account, its available there as well (or used to be). This is to block texts btw, number blocking still has to be handled by a rep.
  6. Master Droid
    stabl4life82's Avatar
    Member #
    111444
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    724
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    #5
    no on verizon when u block a number, it is for calls and texts also..u can up to 5...if someone calls u and u have this feature on their phone number, it will say welcome to verizon ..this number has been changed disconnected or is no longer in service....if they send u a text on the opposing persons end it will not go through...but through handcent sms and chomp sms u can add their number to the blacklist and they will not disturb u..also if u really wanna get them back download text flooder in the marker...they also have text repeater u can send them as many messages as u want in a mattre of seconds and u will shut their phone down for a while and then they will leave u alone....lol
  7. Junior Droid
    mungofromtheshire's Avatar
    Member #
    89747
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    That is so cool to know. Thanks

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    joeybarclay's Avatar
    Member #
    83005
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    708
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stabl4life82 View Post
    no on verizon when u block a number, it is for calls and texts also..u can up to 5...if someone calls u and u have this feature on their phone number, it will say welcome to verizon ..this number has been changed disconnected or is no longer in service....if they send u a text on the opposing persons end it will not go through...but through handcent sms and chomp sms u can add their number to the blacklist and they will not disturb u..also if u really wanna get them back download text flooder in the marker...they also have text repeater u can send them as many messages as u want in a mattre of seconds and u will shut their phone down for a while and then they will leave u alone....lol
    this sounds sweet but i don't have unlimited messages will it work with 3rd party texting apps?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Work Email makes me use PW to unlock phone now
    By Xiix300 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 11:28 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 11:33 AM
  3. What makes a phone more speedy? the processor or the ram?
    By chad_petree in forum Motorola Milestone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 09:43 AM
  4. Youtube makes my phone freeze... HELP T__T
    By DAZEDx213 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:34 PM
  5. wifi tethering makes my phone pretty warm
    By jasonb in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 08:20 PM

Search tags for this page

app that makes people think your phone is off
,
app that says number is disconnected
,
app that says phone is disconnected
,

app that says your phone is disconnected

,

app to make people think your phone is disconnected

,
app to make your phone seem disconnected
,
disconnected phone app
,
how to make someone think your phone is disconnected
,
how to make your phone seem disconnected
,

phone disconnected app

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+