DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: God, this PDANet PC install is so aggravating :(

  1. Master Droid
    Briankbl's Avatar
    Member #
    30728
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    778
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    God, this PDANet PC install is so aggravating :(

    Sorry if this is slightly off-topic. I am about to be driven up the walls here. I am trying to install PDANet on my Vista 32-Bit PC. It asks to install driver for certain device. I choose Motorola, but I get an "USB Driver Installation Failed, err=0x20" error message. Over and over and over and over. Please tell me someone here has experienced this. I really would appreciate the help, thanks!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    jacobrv's Avatar
    Member #
    28472
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    100
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Try an older version of the desktop app maybe?
    Download PdaNet
    Or, if you are rooted try this instead. It's basically the same but without the need to install a desktop app.
    android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

    Also, is it ever prompting you with the red box that says install drivers anyway or something like that? Or does it crash before then?
    Last edited by jacobrv; 09-26-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Droid Bionic Stock w/Root
    Retired: Moto Droid 45/09 CM7 Chevy 1.25ghz
  4. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    Have you turned on USB debugging on your phone? If you're getting the error before even plugging in the phone, ignore this post.
    Last edited by SGTiger; 09-26-2010 at 11:03 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Briankbl's Avatar
    Member #
    30728
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    778
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobrv View Post
    Try an older version of the desktop app maybe?
    Download PdaNet
    Or, if you are rooted try this instead. It's basically the same but without the need to install a desktop app.
    android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

    Also, is it ever prompting you with the red box that says install drivers anyway or something like that? Or does it crash before then?
    I am getting that prompt and select Yes. Install seems to move along normally, but the progress bar hangs and install fails. I will try the above files and let you know how it goes. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    Have you turned on USB debugging on your phone? If you're getting the error before even plugging in the phone, ignore this post.
    Yup, it's on.
  6. Master Droid
    Briankbl's Avatar
    Member #
    30728
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    778
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    The wired-tether app works great! Downloading the older build of PDANet as well, just for kicks. My main goal through all of this was to hook up my PS3 through PC with PDANet or EasyTether, but neither of the desktop apps will finish installing.
  7. Master Droid
    Briankbl's Avatar
    Member #
    30728
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    778
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Still can't install the older version of PDANet...still asks to install USB Drivers, then hangs.
  8. Master Droid
    dragonfly1113's Avatar
    Member #
    37019
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Morris County Northern NJ
    Posts
    613
    Twitter
    twitter.com/dragonfly1113
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Briankbl View Post
    Still can't install the older version of PDANet...still asks to install USB Drivers, then hangs.
    Just root and use the wifi tethering
  9. Droid
    br91655's Avatar
    Member #
    31236
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    Droid (2.01 modded)
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Briankbl View Post
    Sorry if this is slightly off-topic. I am about to be driven up the walls here. I am trying to install PDANet on my Vista 32-Bit PC. It asks to install driver for certain device. I choose Motorola, but I get an "USB Driver Installation Failed, err=0x20" error message. Over and over and over and over. Please tell me someone here has experienced this. I really would appreciate the help, thanks!

    Take a look at this thread, especially the link to the moto drivers. http://forum.droid-life.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=914
  10. Droid Newbie
    omigon2001's Avatar
    Member #
    270110
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    in my room a.k.a. hovel
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Motorola
    #9

    Just?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly1113 View Post
    Just root and use the wifi tethering
    I heard that anything that comes after the word "JUST" is probably a bad idea.
    And running at ROOT is a bad idea... sort of like juggle live chainsaws...

    I my be prepubescent and not qualified to pee in the woods, but I though this
    thread was about error #13 on some driver...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. PdaNet
    By Jebus in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
  2. PDAnet install issues.
    By jetdoc in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 08:41 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 08:36 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 01:44 AM

Search tags for this page

installer fail to open device pdanet
,
installer failed to open device pdanet
,

pdanet broadband driver error 13

,
pdanet broadband error 13
,
pdanet driver error 13
,

pdanet driver error 14

,
pdanet error 13
,
pdanet failed to open device
,

pdanet installer fail to open device

,

pdanet installer failed to open device

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+