DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: App to lock while on a call?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4

Exclamation App to lock while on a call?

Hi guys, new to the forum and hoping for a little bit of help. I have not yet found a program that locks the call screen while on a call. I seem to move the phone a good bit while talking, causing the phone to unlock itself, and my cheek bumps the mute button, or hang up button, or other random numbers. I tried pressing the power button while on the call and that used to work on 2.0 for me I believe, but now with 2.0.1, it doesn't seem to work anymore (could be another app taking control over a call? not sure)

Anyone have any suggestions? The sooner the better. Thanks in advance!
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I know using a BT headpiece it still allows you to lock it while on call in 2.0.1. Just tested without it and you are right, it doesn't allow you to lock it.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    I know using a BT headpiece it still allows you to lock it while on call in 2.0.1. Just tested without it and you are right, it doesn't allow you to lock it.
    Which I don't quite understand. The proximity sensor is a great idea, but I end up hitting something with my cheek on almost every call and hanging up on people. I would MUCH rather have to unlock the phone to use the keypad than have the phone always unlocked on a call.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Seems your phone is misbehaving. If the prox sensor is functioning correctly you shouldn't have any problem with touching it to your cheek. That being said, if you don't wish to return it and get a different device... you can always push the lock button on the top of the screen. I am not aware of any app that will do it automatically. As a matter of fact, many on here have the exact opposite problem where the screen becomes unresponsive during calls.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post
    Seems your phone is misbehaving. If the prox sensor is functioning correctly you shouldn't have any problem with touching it to your cheek. That being said, if you don't wish to return it and get a different device... you can always push the lock button on the top of the screen. I am not aware of any app that will do it automatically. As a matter of fact, many on here have the exact opposite problem where the screen becomes unresponsive during calls.
    The lock button only turns off the screen while on a call, it doesn't bring up the lock screen. The problem is the screen turns off when I put it up to my face, but if I move it a little, the phone thinks it's away from my ear and turns the screen on and than buttons can get pressed.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you push the lock button it turns off the screen. If you do this after the call is connected, it won't turn back on until you push the button again. I just tested it three times.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post
    If you push the lock button it turns off the screen. If you do this after the call is connected, it won't turn back on until you push the button again. I just tested it three times.
    Just tested it on mine 3 times and if I place the call and press the power button, it turns off the screen. I hold it up to my ear and move it away and the screen lights back up to the current call screen.

What SW are you on? Are you rooted?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    aaaahhhhh the same thing is happening to me and it's driving me crazy. the only way i don't hang up on someone is if i'm on speaker. i don't want a bluetooth, i just want a phone that lets me make calls without sitting statue still. even if i hit the power button to lock, it unlocks when it thinks my face is away from the phone. i called verizon and they told me to get a headset.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i tried call caddy, and it just muted my call instead of hanging up on them. not sure which is better. . .
  10. Pam
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm having this same problem and it's driving me insane.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links