Ringdroid is a free Android app that enables users to create their own ringtones directly from their Android powered device. Ringdroid allows users to quickly and easily create ringtones from MP3, WAV, and ARM files that are loaded onto the phone direct from the SD card. Use RingDroid to edit MP3, WAV, and AMR audio files and create ringtones, alarms, and notifications from them. Create your own ringtone by editing music tracks in your library, or record a new one directly from the phone. New version 2.4 fixes bugs related to assigning a ringtone to a contact and adds support for additional global locales. Minimum Android system version is 1.6 (donut); also works in 2.0 (eclair) and 2.2 (froyo).
- Open an existing audio file
- View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
- Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
- Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and autoscrolling of the waveform
- Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
- Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
- Record a new audio clip to edit
- Delete audio (with confirmation alert)
Ringdroid is missing the ability to fade in and out, loop, and equalize song selections, but its ease of use and flexibility in saving audio snippets as more than just ringtones make it an instant must-have app.